• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada 2020 Cancelled
1 1

20 posts in this topic

It’s the first MASSIVE guest announcement to rule them all. Hobbit over to see Lord of The Rings’ Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Dominic Monaghan, and Billy Boyd at FAN EXPO’s The Four Hobbits: An Unexpected Reunion. 2020 tickets go on sale, Nov 20. Hobbit tickets go on sale, Nov 21: https://www.fanexpocanada.com/en/buy-tickets/special-events/the-four-hobbits.html

75584979_2705295849521988_7908154507089936384_o.jpg

74435665_2696189160432657_7326463274893967360_o.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On 11/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

Great! They are on a bi-annual schedule from the looks of things, coming every two years.

That's great. While it can be frustrating for the consumer, it makes sense from their perspective. 

Got a survey this AM asking for opinions on this year's con.  Good choice by the team ( @Kevin Boyd !) Had questions on timing (keep as is, move to fall, move to 2021) and some good asks on making masks mandatory, implementing social distancing, etc.  

Kevin, I know you'll share the second you know anything and I'm thinking even if the city/province/country gives the "all-clear" having guests fly in (from anywhere, really...) may be a tall ask this year.  Stay well sir - and keep us posted!

From what I’ve seen, those questions will be helpful for us all around with relation to how people are willing to adapt to potential social distancing measure going forward. At this time the fate of the event rests with whether the facility and the government are willing to allow it, and if so, under what conditions.

I fully understand Fan Expo is working within circumstances they never felt they would be in. I also understand there are huge financial implication for the show to be moved, cancelled or stay the same (much of which must be tied to insurance making it more confusing). Where I am concerned is, assuming there is a show, will there be enough comic artists and other guest to make it anything more than a local show? Assuming the show goes on but the guest list is understandably small can we get a refund on our tickets?

None of this is the fault of Fan Expo but this show is getting close. By now we often know almost everything there is to know abut the show.

Surveys went to everyone on the regular Fan Expo Canada mailing list.

As usual, I have over 100 creator guests booked at the moment from all over the globe and from here in the GTA but everyone is waiting to see if the event moves forward or not and they all reserve the right to back out based on risks.

For that reason and many others the powers that be are holding off on making any announcements, and we all await the decision of the Premier re: the MTCC - hopefully that comes soon.

If it doesn’t happen, most of the 2020 creator guests will be offered the 2021 event instead.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

I didn’t get a email survey but have bought tickets last year my gf bought this year is it a mailing list for current ticket sales only as she got the survey so we gave our opinion. 

4 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

It definitely went out to the people who bought tickets. Are you on the Fan Expo Canada mailing list? 

I have signed up for it previously and have bought tickets previously before. I just alternate years to purchase tickets with my gf. But it’s ok she got the survey so we have our opinion. 
just thought I would mention that people who haven’t bought tickets probably didn’t get a survey even if they buy tickets much closer to the dates as a few of our friends buy tickets a few weeks before the event.