• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo - Cancelled
3 3

171 posts in this topic

I had cancelled my flight and put my credit in my account to book a new flight when I need to. Cancelled my car reservation as well with free cancellation included when April 23-26 was a washout. Now with the new dates ... I think I will wait and see how things goes. 

On 3/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, Guardian Comics said:

I appreciate everybody's optimism but I don't forsee a single show happening this summer at all, including FanExpo in August.

They are talking that we will still be needing to social distancing in August at restaurants, where they will have to reduce seating by a half to three quarters to provide enough space between patrons.  MLB has already resigned themselves to not having a season this year.  The 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games will not take place in 2020 and that's a 50 Billion Dollar property.  This ain't good.

I know this might not be the right thread, I just see a lot of guys I have a deep respect for in this thread and feel like we should be cautiously optimistic at best and I would pay money to be proven wrong.

I have to agree with you.  I'd love for this show to go through but suspect we will continue to see a lock down and rolling cancellations of events like this. 

Ryan, Brian, Karl and I have done this show since almost the beginning.  We've been with it as it's grown and we love it.  To be honest we're not sure what we should do.  Some of us don't have time off in July.  We worry about the virus and wonder if setting up at a venue like this makes sense in the current environment and we worry that a lot of customers/fans will feel the same.

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I have to agree with you.  I'd love for this show to go through but suspect we will continue to see a lock down and rolling cancellations of events like this. 

we worry that a lot of customers/fans will feel the same.

+ 1. Just heard that the large Toronto sports card and collectibles con originally scheduled for May/20 will be postponed to summer.

Fan Expo may be forced to release more economy tables to keep costs down for loyal 2c returning vendors who roll the dice at Calgary Expo July 17/20.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:14 PM, piper said:

If the province is allowing gatherings, I plan to go.

Heard on news radio that Saskatchewan will come out of quarantine first in May, 2020 so hopefully AB would be next to cancel self-isolation in Western Canada.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:02 PM, thehumantorch said:

Ryan, Brian, Karl and I have done this show since almost the beginning.  We've been with it as it's grown and we love it.  To be honest we're not sure what we should do.  Some of us don't have time off in July.  We worry about the virus and wonder if setting up at a venue like this makes sense in the current environment and we worry that a lot of customers/fans will feel the same.

I've been there since the first show Ken did on his own at the Big Four Building. You guys were still getting gouged by Mel and I at that time..........

On 4/14/2020 at 5:21 PM, thehumantorch said:

The boxes are empty...

Hope Calgary Expo is not postponed again or cancelled, as 71% of Covid-19 Alberta (AB) cases are in Calgary so you are more 'safe' in Edmonton.

31 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Hope Calgary Expo is not postponed again or cancelled, as 71% of Covid-19 Alberta (AB) cases are in Calgary so you are more 'safe' in Edmonton.

Also hope the show is not postponed...(knock on wood), as my friend and I had re brought the tickets again using the refund they sent back to us. We discussed to wait for confirmation by the Alberta government that the show is good to go. Then we will buy our flight tickets to Calgary.