• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaCon Orlando 2020 Cancelled

34 posts in this topic

It’s the first MASSIVE guest announcement to rule them all. Hobbit over to see Lord of The Rings’ Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Dominic Monaghan, and Billy Boyd at FAN EXPO’s The Four Hobbits: An Unexpected Reunion. 2020 tickets go on sale, Nov 20. Hobbit tickets go on sale, Nov 21: https://www.megaconorlando.com/…/spec…/the-four-hobbits.html

75584979_2705295849521988_7908154507089936384_o.jpg

61087249_2702421796453976_2342166483938836480_n.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

https://summits.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/54/872?articleID=237927

Diamond Announces Orlando as Site of 2020 Retailer Summit Ahead of MegaCon

Diamond Comic Distributors is excited to announce that its 2020 Retailer Summit for comic book specialty retailers will take place Tuesday, April 14 through Thursday, April 16 in Orlando, FL ahead of MegaCon Orlando, which is set to run from Thursday, April 16 through Sunday, April 19 at the Orange County Convention Center.

The 2020 Retailer Summit will offer a wealth of entertaining, educational and informative activities, bringing together the industry’s retailers, publishers, key vendors, and Diamond staff for the 3-day trade-only event. The Retailer Summit will feature key supplier presentations, a trade-only Exhibit Hall, retailer workshops, publisher forums, and more fun and informative events for comic book specialty retailers.

“Orlando and MegaCon are the perfect venue for this year’s Summit,” said Dan Manser, Diamond’s Director of Marketing. “We look forward to partnering with Fan Expo HQ to deliver a stellar experience for comic shop owners during the 2020 Retailer Summit ahead of MegaCon in Orlando.”

“We’re thrilled to be hosting the 2020 Diamond Summit at MEGACON Orlando. It’s fitting that this key industry event has found a home at the Southeast’s Largest Fan Convention,” said Andrew Moyes,  VP of Fan Expo HQ.

Diamond’s Retailer Summit is the leading annual event for comic book specialty retailers to meet with publishers and suppliers who come together to discuss the industry and their businesses. Top publishers sponsor the event and share exciting new projects, while retailers get to network and learn about new and proven business practices to help them succeed in today’s retailing environment.

Additional details and registration information to come. Publishers and vendors should contact Maryanne Marlowe (mmary@diamondcomics.com) for information on sponsorship and event details.

237919_1369922_4.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Get Excited & Nerdy with Weird Al Yankovic at #MEGACONOrlando 2020! From record-breaking album sales to Adventure Time, the iconic comedian will appear in Orlando! Buy Now & Save before early bird pricing ends January 15. 

81542659_3185871174775700_3823203617146404864_o.png

Take flight with legendary creator, Jim Lee at #MEGACONOrlando 2020! Here’s your rare chance to meet the iconic artist, get exclusive autograph sessions, and more. Early bird pricing ends Jan 15 so Buy Now & Save: https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/buy-tickets/admission.html

81742833_3188082481221236_3244790505854205952_o.jpg

And sometimes Fan Expo Canada foreshadows who will be at the next year's spring shows.

It’s alright, we have been Saved By The Bell! Hang out with the timeless cast members Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Mario Lopez, and Elizabeth Berkley at #MEGACONOrlando 2020. 

82046453_3190249011004583_1156409773965443072_o.jpg

Here comes the first round of comic creators at #MEGACONOrlando! Witness a rare appearance from George Perez and meet the legendary Arthur Adams, Josh Middleton, and more in Orlando. 

The full first wave list is up on the site https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/guests/comic-creators.html

83631544_3219827898046694_6512027588834099200_o.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

A newb at slabbing in general.  I'd like to get a magazine, Premiere, and TV guide, maybe more signed by the fellowship. 

Will CGC grade a Premiere magazine?

Is there a facilitator I can get in touch with to get the signature witnessed? Can the facilitator get a special pricing for the signature?

If there are 4 signatures for one magazine, will I be charged for each signature?

Edited by Hungry_Monkey

13 hours ago, Hungry_Monkey said:

A newb at slabbing in general.  I'd like to get a magazine, Premiere, and TV guide, maybe more signed by the fellowship. 

Will CGC grade a Premiere magazine?

Is there a facilitator I can get in touch with to get the signature witnessed? Can the facilitator get a special pricing for the signature?

If there are 4 signatures for one magazine, will I be charged for each signature?

CGC grades magazines and I'm pretty sure they grade TV guides but not sure what a Premiere is, so don't know about that. 

Also, CGC should be there with witnesses so you can go to their booth to get a witness but definitely do that prior to getting the autograph. And I do believe there is a charge per autograph.

9 hours ago, CCComics said:

CGC grades magazines and I'm pretty sure they grade TV guides but not sure what a Premiere is, so don't know about that. 

Also, CGC should be there with witnesses so you can go to their booth to get a witness but definitely do that prior to getting the autograph. And I do believe there is a charge per autograph.

Thanks! Premiere is a magazine, but I ended up switching to a collectible magazine which I've seen previously graded by cgc.

I sure will check out the booth. Yes, I looked at the megacon website and each hobbit costs a few dollars.  Thanks for the help.

7 hours ago, Hungry_Monkey said:

Thanks! Premiere is a magazine, but I ended up switching to a collectible magazine which I've seen previously graded by cgc.

I sure will check out the booth. Yes, I looked at the megacon websitp.

The CGC booth at Megacon gets absolutely slammed. The past two years I’ve been there, the line was crazy. I missed getting Frank Walker SS waiting for a witness last year. So just a word of advice/warning, make sure you build in at least 45 min wait just to get your witness.

12 hours ago, Cman429 said:

The CGC booth at Megacon gets absolutely slammed. The past two years I’ve been there, the line was crazy. I missed getting Frank Walker SS waiting for a witness last year. So just a word of advice/warning, make sure you build in at least 45 min wait just to get your witness.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the VIP pass as it skips part of the line for autographs. Since I'm going for the fellowship (the 4 hobbits), I think it may be worth it. What are your thoughts? 

So was it ever brought to their attention that $15 dollars shipping for standard shipping of the passes was ridiculous? also So far this years lineup seems almost the same as last. kind lackluster really.

Sorry, it was. Passes are shipped from Canada, it is my understanding that's what we pay. So it is what it is, it may be ridiculous, but that's the cost.

The comics guest list for 2020 is the best comics guest list we've had for any show anywhere. PERIOD. Very few to any repeats in the ones announced last week. Check again. 

We've announced about 25% of them so far, with more coming on Tuesday. Perhaps you'll be more secure after the next round. 

https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/guests/comic-creators.html

Edited by Kevin Boyd

22 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

The comics guest list for 2020 is the best comics guest list we've had for any show anywhere. PERIOD. Very few to any repeats in the ones announced last week. Check again. 

We've announced about 25% of them so far, with more coming on Tuesday. Perhaps you'll be more secure after the next round. 

https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/guests/comic-creators.html

Is there a particular reason that guest lists are announced piecemeal or in waves?  If the majority of guests are booked what is the benefit of holding back the names?  Wouldn't announcing guests earlier provide incentive for people to make their travel plans and commit to these events?  I'm just curious.  I travel to a few cons a year and I pick based on comic lineups and it would help to know the lineup for the purpose of picking and booking travel arrangements.