• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Best Rendition vs The Worst Rendition

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kav said:

First time I saw that I was like no pls this cant be real WHY
so many things wrong but this dude is incapable of looking down.  Head and neck are one thing.

Surprisingly popular and a hot comic at the time.

10 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Surprisingly popular and a hot comic at the time.

Glad I missed the 90s entirely.  60s, 70s, 80s, and the 2000s I was reading.  Lost interest just in the nick of time.

2 hours ago, kav said:

Lectro needs immediate emergency surgery on rt thigh due to huge growth.

Spider Man has arm muscles that dont exist.  Kirby can pull this off but not that dude.

He also has pinheaditis.

When you say “he” I assume you’re speaking about the artist, yes? :bigsmile:

Edited by fmaz

3 minutes ago, fmaz said:

When you say “he” I assume you’re speaking about the artist, yes? :bigsmile:

:roflmao:lol ^^:takeit::idea::applause::headbang:(worship)(thumbsu:devil:

4 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

:tonofbricks:

I like the top one a lot better.

I agree actually-not a fan of some of the modern style art where every artist indistinguishable from the other in many cases and the trend to moody, angsty art-

11 hours ago, kav said:

I agree actually-not a fan of some of the modern style art where every artist indistinguishable from the other in many cases and the trend to moody, angsty art-

AQM_Cv18_5293e273d57653.84771490.jpg

I like the image. I only had a very quick look at it and thought it was Jim Lee. 
I’ve just noticed the signature, and it’s actually Paul Pelletier.

Both very talented modern artists, but I can see your point.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:censored:in' eh that Tec #31 cover is a beauty.

Yup. It's a classic.  Great design.

I'm always amazed that Bob Kane created it, someone who ordinarily was a complete hack.

About the only time he really raised his game.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Criticizing comic art from the 90s is like shooting fish in a barrel. This time I'll set my target on a far earlier rendition..

Best

Image result for best golden age batman cover"

Worst

Image result for detective 241"

I know Batman comics from 1955 or so to early 1964 (particularly those illustrated by Sheldon Moldoff) take a lot of flack in comic fandom these days, but that was my Batman! That was the one to which I was first exposed and the one that competed for my attention and dimes (plus pennies) on the spinner rack. Therefore I still have fond memories of that Batman, as well as Batwoman, Bat-Girl, Bat-Hound and Bat-Mite!

Batman133.jpg

edited-image_zpsv8m82m7p.jpg

Quite simply I always smile when I see Batwoman, Bat-Hound, etc. And if comics don't make you smile, what good are they?

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

4 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Criticizing comic art from the 90s is like shooting fish in a barrel. This time I'll set my target on a far earlier rendition..

Best

Image result for best golden age batman cover"

Worst

Image result for detective 241"

my question is where are the leggings he only has the top half hmlol 

Just now, Hepcat said:

I know Batman comics from 1955 or so to early 1964 (particularly those illustrated by Sheldon Moldoff) take a lot of flack in comic fandom these days, but that was my Batman! That was the one to which I was first exposed and the one that competed for my attention and dimes (plus pennies) on the spinner rack. Therefore I still have fond memories of that Batman, as well as Batwoman, Bat-Girl, Bat-Hound and Bat-Mite!

Batman133.jpg

Quite simply I always smile when I see Batwoman, Bat-Hound, etc. And if comics don't make you smile, what good are they?

I had that reprint book from the 70s with all the old Batman comics in it and many of the stories from the 50s (Bat-Mite!) were a ton of fun, but Rainbow Batman? Too far from the original rendition for me. I also considered that cover (I think from the 60s) where Batman gets turned into a monster? And wasn't there also a zebra Batman? (shrug)

19 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

Batman133.jpg

Bat-Mite for the win!

7 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Unfortunately for Gotham, the red costume was the only one that came with pants...

Oh lordy-