• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aren’t Missing MVS Supposed To Be Green Label?
2 2

48 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, VintageComics said:

They need to offer both grades. It's that simple.

a blue green label... hmm just like the SS label with resto.. :idea:

23 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Just saw this in a FB group.

Green label is a book I just searched up on eBay.

BEB2C189-7A43-4A26-A1B2-729F86B86C4B.png

DC07B5D8-D9FE-481E-9D1A-D1AC2F565514.png

The book in question was too low grade to Qualify.

Since it was already low grade, the missing MVS was just factored into the grade. The missing stamp still gets mentioned on the label, however, but in lowercase letters, since it is not being Qualified.

When a book is Qualified, the reason for it being Qualified will be on the label in ALL CAPS.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Call me sadistic but I want to see a Hulk 181 where the MVS was cut out but someone taped back in the correct stamp. Classify me now you blue slabbing geniuses! 

Does that give it a restored Purple label?

On 11/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Call me sadistic but I want to see a Hulk 181 where the MVS was cut out but someone taped back in the correct stamp. Classify me now you blue slabbing geniuses! 

I think they would consider the piece not there as they would ignore anything attached with tape as if the tape didn't exist.. so I would say a green label for MVS "taped in" or take the hit to be blue with a lower grade and note MVS taped in

16 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Does that give it a restored Purple label?

no I dont think it will qualify for a purple label. Green maybe with a note probably about taped MVS or something along those lines or a blue with the grade hit and same note as if the tape didn't exist so the piece wouldn't exist.. 

48 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

no I dont think it will qualify for a purple label. Green maybe with a note probably about taped MVS or something along those lines or a blue with the grade hit and same note as if the tape didn't exist so the piece wouldn't exist.. 

Thanks for your reply. I'd be surprised if tapping the correct stamp cutout from another comic and tapping it gives you a blue label.

I will do some research. A grade drop would make sense but a different colored label makes more sense.

Hope some other experts on this forum can answer this question that probably has been discussed here.

I will do some research and try to find some answers.

I assume that some people have tried to fix the MVS by replacing that page in book as well.

53 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Thanks for your reply. I'd be surprised if tapping the correct stamp cutout from another comic and tapping it gives you a blue label.

I will do some research. A grade drop would make sense but a different colored label makes more sense.

Hope some other experts on this forum can answer this question that probably has been discussed here.

I assume that some people have tried to fix the MVS by replacing that page in book as well.

if they do the pages from another book it gets a married label and the designated label which I believe is green associated with it. unless they want to consider it a defect and take the grade hit and get a blue label at request. 

54 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

so taping in a MVS wont help in any way from my best guesses unless your trying to get a better Qualified grade but it will say married.. apologize for the brain fart about married.. 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

if they do the pages from another book it gets a married label and the designated label which I believe is green associated with it. unless they want to consider it a defect and take the grade hit and get a blue label at request. 

wow, to be able to discern that a perfectly cut from one book to be place in another is apparent :whatthe: I'd have to see examples, I guess page quality would be a determining factor :) 

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

Wouldn't it also get a "MARRIED" designation? (I assume this would be a MVS from another copy not the actual MVS that was originally cut out). 

(this is fun)

looks like @Krismusic and I are singing the same song

so does that mean PLOD?