• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aren’t Missing MVS Supposed To Be Green Label?
2 2

48 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Wouldn't it also get a "MARRIED" designation? (I assume this would be a MVS from another copy not the actual MVS that was originally cut out). 

(this is fun)

looks like @Krismusic and I are singing the same song

(thumbsu looks like it 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

wow, to be able to discern that a perfectly cut from one book to be place in another is apparent :whatthe: I'd have to see examples, I guess page quality would be a determining factor :) 

yeah under the scope you could probably see the page quality colouring and see if the fibers line up/ edges.. otherwise I would assume they would classify it as married. under the scope you see a different world lol

the probably can look at the age of the two papers and se the cut on it if it matches etc... so it would be extremely difficult to fake it. 

4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

yeah under the scope you could probably see the page quality colouring and see if the fibers line up/ edges.. otherwise I would assume they would classify it as married. under the scope you see a different world lol

the probably can look at the age of the two papers and se the cut on it if it matches etc... so it would be extremely difficult to fake it. 

in which case it might make more sense to do a ricepaper attachment. It'd definately get the purple restored label, but with no cutting edges to compare (since they'd be merged via ricepaper) it'd be harder to determine if the MVS was from the same book or different... again it would get an Extensive PLOD, but that might still be more advantageous. 

7 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

in which case it might make more sense to do a ricepaper attachment. It'd definately get the purple restored label, but with no cutting edges to compare (since they'd be merged via ricepaper) it'd be harder to determine if the MVS was from the same book or different... again it would get an Extensive PLOD, but that might still be more advantageous. 

yeah might still get a married designation and I am not sure for value wise if a green married label is worse than a PLOD piece added with ricepaper…. 

but even with the PLOD and rice paper the MVS paper can show signs of it being different with the aging of the paper/quality and ink comparison..so it could potentially be detected.

9 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Probably 99,% of all attempts to fool CGC to get a blue label doesn't fool them.

The only way is to switch cover with another copy, but even the staples being removed will show under the microscope  

huh, I dont understand your statement..