• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Unseen #14!

18 posts in this topic

Flat tight book, bright with electric colors. There's a long, faint diagonal line above the Unseen logo... it's barely visible in hand, and doesn't seem to have any dimension to it the way a fold would. Not sure if it's a very faint crease or some kind of production defect in the cover stock. Thoughts?

unseen14.jpg.569988e12bb3fb87e2670dddb076db3a.jpg

unseen14back.jpg.b6bf9c95745ac08abec56619b9ef6ee9.jpg

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Maybe more so this...I think I was just generous because it is a neat book 

it might hit that 6.0 depends on whos grading and maybe they will be light on GA books not very familiar with GA books I stick more to silver and bronze

15 minutes ago, Point Five said:

There's a long, faint diagonal line above the Unseen logo.  Not sure if it's a very faint crease or some kind of production defect in the cover stock. Thoughts?

It looks like a crease to me.  Is there a small vertical tear that extends between the left end of the crease and the top edge?

U14b.jpg.24d6b1223a0902bd72002b719e15b0a6.jpg  U14.jpg.5f9f7e82e9168c7d510f46d86f7d60b9.jpg

8 minutes ago, zzutak said:

It looks like a crease to me.  Is there a small vertical tear that extends between the left end of the crease and the top edge?

U14b.jpg.24d6b1223a0902bd72002b719e15b0a6.jpg  U14.jpg.5f9f7e82e9168c7d510f46d86f7d60b9.jpg

It does look that way, doesn't it? Will check tonight. (thumbsu

6 hours ago, zzutak said:

With the book in hand, I can say that that's not a tear in the ULC. (So weird because I 100% agree that it looks that way in the scan.) But the paper is continuous and not torn on the other side, and again, that whole top area looks completely flat in hand, not like it was folded over heavily. And if anything the scan is amping up the visibility of the line. Maybe the cover stock had a long thin scratch on it prior to printing, so it's like a production wrinkle effect where the ink didn't totally take there? As I say, weird.

the tear I thought was at the top where you guys talked about but also a tiny tear on the BC middle edge of cover

On 11/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, Krismusic said:

the tear I thought was at the top where you guys talked about but also a tiny tear on the BC middle edge of cover

Good eye, but that BC middle edge flaw is actually an odd wrinkle. (This book should win some kind of award for 'most minor defects that look worse in the scans'.)

After further mulling hm I think the thing above the FC logo is probably a long light scratch, and not a production issue as I might have hoped. So 5.0/5.5 range is probably on the money, though it does look a bit better.

Thanks for the input all!

now to go off topic.. would you still take her to bed with a skull face like that, but a nice human body... lol I mean you can close your eyes or something :roflmao: