• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cal Comic Con Comic Swap / Costa Mesa, CA Jan 25, 2020 [EVENT PICS INSIDE]
3 3

56 posts in this topic

Great time at the Collector's swap.  I'm beat, so I will post a few pics Sunday evening.  The only way I can describe today's event is as follows:  picture a bunch of women going nuts at a shoe sale.  Well, the parallel scene was a bunch of fan boys going nuts over comic books.  I had a blast today!

It was good to catch up with my boardies @greggy @joeypost @VintageComics and meet @Silver and others.  There was soooo much good stuff crammed into that room.  I came away lighter in the wallet, yet having seen more GA in one place than I've seen at a whole convention.

Had a  great time at this event. Can’t thank @shortboxed and @TerrysComics enough for the opportunity. Didn’t move as much as I thought, but enough to fund my signatures/CGC grading the next day.

It was great meeting everyone, and I hope it all goes down again next year!

Edited by Aarrow108

Thanks to everyone who made it to the swap, either as a vendor or an attendee. There were over 150 people in the room and it was pretty hectic for a while. So many good books in the room! And it was great to put some faces to names. 

If you dropped off books with CGC, you made the right decision to do it at the swap, as the lines were long on Sunday. 

I really hope everyone had a good time! Wasn't quite the same experience as the brewery from last year, and the hotel wouldn't let people take drinks away from the bar unfortunately, but I'm already making plans with the hotel to set up a satellite bar in the lobby space in front of the comic swap room. However the room and setup was nice, and obviously the location in the same hotel as the main event and where everyone was staying was a huge bonus. There were even more people and more books than last year. Overall I'm very happy with the event, so thanks again to everyone who came!

If anyone has any constructive feedback for the event, please feel free to chime in. Whatever we can do to make it a better event, we'll do. 

-Gene

Pics coming below...

Edited by shortboxed

Comic Swap was great. Interesting that AF #15 Cgc about 4.0 blue at $28,000 was in a box 1 inch from longs of $1.50 BA Marvels. Not sure if this was because of the invisible line dividing the table in half btwn 2 different collector/dealers?

Thank you for Terry O'Neill and Shortboxed allowing me permission to hand-out a comic book conservation service flyer. Public apology to dealers that did not get a flyer delivered to their table/booth at Cal Comic-con, as your table was too swamped with collectors or you were in the middle of closing a deal.

XpRilNO.jpg