• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Todd Mcfarlane sign

14 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Thanks for the video. I did learn he would sign books that have characters he created. 5 ASM 361’s headers his way too. 

I wasn't sure about ASM 361's did he have anything to do with "Carnage" or that book?

Just Because CGC Sent Out A New Email, I'm Posting The Email In Case It Contains New Info :) 

Important Details
CGC's Private Signing with Todd McFarlane
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallery.mailchimp

For the first time in nearly two years, Todd McFarlane will be signing comics from his career to be graded by CGC, including the Spawn 300 anniversary issue and the Guinness World Record breaking Spawn 301.

Customers will submit their books directly to CGC, creating the most efficient way of getting comics signed. Todd will sign all books at the CGC facility. The signing fee of $89 per item will include an expedited turnaround time on the grading process.

Books need to be at CGC no later than December 9th, 2019.

More information and submission instructions are below.

The signing fee will be $89 per item with an additional $20 fee for CCS pressing. Submissions for grading will have a 3 week turnaround time. Submissions that include CCS pressing will have a 6 week turnaround time.

For this exclusive signing event, you can mail submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits.

To submit books for the signing:

• Download the Private Signing submission form at www.cgccomics.com/PrivateSigning.
  • COMPLETELY fill out the entire form.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click here.
  • PUT ALL BOOKS IN WINDOW BAGS OR THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment.
  • Please write TM on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into the system when they arrive. They will be safely stored until signed.
  • Once books are signed they will start the CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

Todd will sign any comics or magazines he penciled, inked, wrote or contributed to (i.e. Wizard #1). He will also sign any books with characters he created (i.e. Spawn and Venom) regardless of whether he received any creative credit in the book. Todd will not sign any parody or homage covers that include artwork or characters he did not help create.

Some examples are displayed below for clarity:

Will sign:

image.thumb.png.aa80457c058baa157bdb14a976837702.png

Will not sign:

image.thumb.png.575c3607a9ef2b5a2f949725844fbc0c.png

There is also an additional short list of books that Todd will not sign. These are listed below:

• Venom #1 Color Variant Cover
  • Venomverse #1 B&W Variant
  • Venomverse #1 Color
  • Venom #6 Color Variant Edition
  • Spawn Retailer Thank You
image.thumb.png.55731fe90b089298de89025739af5a5e.png

All submissions must be received in house no later than December 9, 2019 to qualify for the signing. No change requests accepted after December 9.

About Todd McFarlane: Legendary Artist, Spawn Creator and Venom Co-Creator; CEO McFarlane Toys and President Image Comics.

In 2019, McFarlane’s Spawn made history with the release of the historic Spawn #300, and Spawn #301 has earned the Guinness World Records title for longest-running creator-owned superhero comic book series in the world! The road to McFarlane’s history-making comic run began in 1992 when he co-founded Image Comics and the release of Spawn #1, the top-selling creator-owned comic of all-time with more than 1.7 million issues sold. The comic became an Emmy Award-winning animated series on HBO and a live-action feature film that grossed $100 million. McFarlane became a true comic book superstar for his record-setting work on Marvel Comics’ Spider-Man franchise, where he co-created Marvel’s top villain Venom. After garnishing prominent success in the comic industry, McFarlane founded the international award-winning McFarlane Toys – now one of America’s top action figure manufacturers.

Follow Instagram: @ToddMcFarlane, Twitter @Todd_McFarlane FB @LikeToddMcFarlane and McFarlane.com

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wasn't sure about ASM 361's

Wonder also but Venom does make a cameo per gcd. 

(thumbsu Whew lol I was nervous, hopefully CGC and Todd remember that ha. BUT I don't see why he wouldn't either, it's not a "parody" cover, venom cameo etc :) 

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that he won't sign the Spawn retailer book? I sold the 2 I had last year, so I wasn't going to send one anyway, but I just thought it was strange. I'm in the camp that he can veto whatever he pleases, but this one sticks out. I guess it's technically because he never made any money on it because it was given away for free to retailers.