• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Patience Is A Virue" by Golden
1 1

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thethedew said:

Whatever happened to this infamous piece?

I had the opportunity to buy it back in the day, and I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on such a notable, memorable piece of OA commissioning history.

Care to let us see it? It's not infamous to me.

5 hours ago, thethedew said:

I had the opportunity to buy it back in the day, and I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on such a notable, memorable piece of OA commissioning history.

54 minutes ago, J.Sid said:

I kinda wish I'd bought it as well...

Me too; now ensconced in Hobby Legend for All Time :)

Didn't everyone have an opportunity to buy it ??  It was listed on ebay.  But I think it had a reserve.

And I thought there a major thread about this on the board ??  Doesn't seem to be around.

Why didn't "Patience is a virue" become a meme ??

Yeah, I remember following the drama behind this as well. Still think about that art anytime someone throws the phrase around. I wonder if the story is known among other artists; could be a theme to have other artists carry on with different characters, especially the less patient ones.

53 minutes ago, Varanis said:

What is the drama surrounding this piece?

I was going to lovingly chastize anyone asking this for not just looking at the archived threads, but...I don't see the thread here anymore.  What happened to it?

I think of this whenever I am tempted to get a Michael Golden commission, or see some of his art from the Micronauts that I loved as a kid, or when someone says, "Patience is a Virtue."

True story: At the SDCC after this story came out, I saw him sitting at his table by himself.  I walked by and noticed.  He was very friendly in trying to get me to look at his stuff but I just ran away.  It kind of gave me the chills.  Had the story not come out, I might have spent a lot of money not getting a Micronauts commission.

4 minutes ago, wurstisart said:

I don’t remember that one, what was it ??

It was basically a commission Bill Sienkwicz did of a monster but if you kind of flipped it a bit the monster was actually a pen15 with a nut sac and all with wearing a condom on it’s head.