• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Coxstrong
3 3

58 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Beige said:

@hermster  How much was the original amount owed please, if you don't mind me asking?

Yea, the sale was for about $10 bucks. I tried contacting him a few times about it with no response and I know he read itbecause it was marked read. Told him I'm nominating him to the naughty list, still no response.  I mean it was a $10 dollar sale. Come on, really? But deal with him at your own risk, if he doesn't want to pay $10 what makes you think he would pay $1000. Smh

4 hours ago, wombat said:

The main point of the probation list is to push the party in the wrong to correct whatever the issue was. They need to work it out with whoever nominated them so I would assume first thing Coxstrong should do is reach out to hermster and see how he can make it right if he wished to come off the list. 

If he wanted to make it right, he would have at least give me a courtesy response or a reason why he didnt wish to complete the sale but he didnt.  He simply decided to be a clown and go ghost on the transaction.  I wonder how many deals he went ghost on PM and I'm sure he has.

Edited by hermster

13 minutes ago, hermster said:

If he wanted to make it right, he would have at least give me a courtesy response or a reason why he didnt wish to complete the sale but he didnt.  He simply decided to be a clown and go ghost on the transaction.  I wonder how many deals he went ghost on PM and I'm sure he has.

Although huge transactions are far more problematic for the seller if they go pear shaped, I'm more worried and dubious about someone who fails to honour a very small transaction, and is a signpost to frequent further bad deals.

8 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Although huge transactions are far more problematic for the seller if they go pear shaped, I'm more worried and dubious about someone who fails to honour a very small transaction, and is a signpost to frequent further bad deals.

I'm sure I'm not the first person he's done it to and I'm sure I'm not the last either.  Seller beware that's for sure.

6 hours ago, hermster said:

Yea, the sale was for about $10 bucks. I tried contacting him a few times about it with no response and I know he read itbecause it was marked read. Told him I'm nominating him to the naughty list, still no response.  I mean it was a $10 dollar sale. Come on, really? But deal with him at your own risk, if he doesn't want to pay $10 what makes you think he would pay $1000. Smh

I don't deal with people on any list if that's the insinuation.

I've had no contact (or even heard of him) ever - on or off the boards.

So, no I won't be dealing with him now, or in the future. 

Hope you get your $10

@Coxstrong  Christ on a bike, just pay the guy.

5 hours ago, speedcake said:

I recall another recent case involving a similarly small sum and some people just being adamant that such a small sum just didn't matter.

It does matter. Who doesn't honor a ten dollar purchase? Bums, that's who.

$12?

Nocutename I think.

11 hours ago, Coxstrong said:

I forgot what happened on the old $10 deal.  But i have made a handful of transactions.  Some very high-end and some very low. 

As has been mentioned, you were obviously made aware of the issue and chose to ignore it.

Some doesn't cut it in this forum. 

Most doesn't either.

You need to honor all of your commitments in here.

54 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

As has been mentioned, you were obviously made aware of the issue and chose to ignore it.

Some doesn't cut it in this forum. 

Most doesn't either.

You need to honor all of your commitments in here.

He probably doesnt remember because he's done it to numerous people and dont know which transaction we're referring to.  (shrug) I mean how can you not remember unless you're doing it to numerous people?

21 hours ago, Hudson said:

$10 :facepalm:.

Seriously, this is absurd (as was the $12 nomination previously mentioned).  If people don't care enough about their word to keep to their commitments, then why would anyone want to do business with them.  If people would break their word over $10 or $12, then I am rather certain they would break it over larger sums as well.  Once money becomes your master, that is a hard path to ever come off. 

Personally, I don't care if the tranaction was for a nickle (5 cents), if a person does not make good on the deal, then they should be nominated and kept on the list until they resolve the issue.

As to those member who choose to be on the "lists" that are kept here (and make no mistake, it is a CHOICE to be on the list), you should be ashamed of yourselves.  :facepalm:

amen

This is the poster child of someone that should have his/her account revoked and name and address published in order to lessen the chances that they come back under a new username only to pull the same stunt again and again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I have no idea why people INSIST on conducting themselves in a manner such as this.  I've had the same stunt pulled by another deadbeat boardie on me - you know who you are....

OP - I empathize.

Edited by pemart1966

8 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

This is the poster child of someone that should have his/her account revoked and name and address published in order to lessen the chances that they come back under a new username only to pull the same stunt again and again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I have no idea why people INSIST on conducting themselves in a manner such as this.  I've had the same stunt pulled by another deadbeat boardie on me - you know who you are....

OP - I empathize.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 7.29.25 PM.png