• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Coxstrong
3 3

58 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Red84 said:

There isn't. But I don't think failing to follow through on a $10 transaction (no theft, just failure to complete the deal) should warrant a public outing of name and address. 

Reason for that being that if his account were cancelled he's free to come back with a new user name and repeat the same pattern of behaviour all over again whereas if his name and location are known people would know to avoid this guy.

On 3/18/2021 at 12:39 PM, hermster said:

Yea, the sale was for about $10 bucks. I tried contacting him a few times about it with no response and I know he read itbecause it was marked read. Told him I'm nominating him to the naughty list, still no response.  I mean it was a $10 dollar sale. Come on, really? But deal with him at your own risk, if he doesn't want to pay $10 what makes you think he would pay $1000. Smh

You can tell by his post on pg 1 that:

a)  he doesn't care

b) he has no intention of honouring his word; and

c)  he'll likely repeat said behaviour

3 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Reason for that being that if his account were cancelled he's free to come back with a new user name and repeat the same pattern of behaviour all over again whereas if his name and location are known people would know to avoid this guy.

His account is not cancelled. Being on the probation list does not result in banning.

12 hours ago, Red84 said:

There isn't. But I don't think failing to follow through on a $10 transaction (no theft, just failure to complete the deal) should warrant a public outing of name and address. 

The amount isn't the issue.  The issue is that he doesn't honor his commitments, he ignores messages from the seller asking him to complete the transaction and warning him of a PL nomination, and now he conveniently doesn't remember anything about the transaction. 

And yes, the amount is small but that goes both ways, for just $10 he can clear this up but he can't be bothered.  

So the "Probation Rules thread doesn't really specify what restrictions come along with being on the list (perhaps it's somewhere else).  Is it just a "Buyer Beware and Devil take the hindmost" thing where Probies can post and it's up to any buyer/seller to educate themselves?  Or do/should Mods be going in and locking threads from Probies?

On 4/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Or do/should Mods be going in and locking threads from Probies?

nope, they ain't gonna do that. they don't get involved in sales threads

I believe one person is permitted to go in and warn the populace to check out the list, so anyone who feels like being johnny on the spot can do it but once they do you are sposed to leave it alone :sumo:

On 4/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, Bird said:

I believe one person is permitted to go in and warn the populace to check out the list, so anyone who feels like being johnny on the spot can do it but once they do you are sposed to leave it alone :sumo:

Got it - appreciate the clarification.

• Administrator
On 4/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, MattTheDuck said:

So the "Probation Rules thread doesn't really specify what restrictions come along with being on the list (perhaps it's somewhere else).  Is it just a "Buyer Beware and Devil take the hindmost" thing where Probies can post and it's up to any buyer/seller to educate themselves?  Or do/should Mods be going in and locking threads from Probies?

On 4/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, Bird said:

Last year, I incorporated a paragraph regarding "people on the list" in the marketplace guidelines.

If a buyer or seller is on the Probation or Hall of Shame list, it is ok to make 1 post only to alert the community.  Being on said list does not mean a seller is restricted from listing books for sale or a buyer is restricted from purchasing  but, we understand the need to make people aware of the situation. 

On 5/6/2022 at 6:57 PM, CGC Mike said:

Last year, I incorporated a paragraph regarding "people on the list" in the marketplace guidelines.

If a buyer or seller is on the Probation or Hall of Shame list, it is ok to make 1 post only to alert the community.  Being on said list does not mean a seller is restricted from listing books for sale or a buyer is restricted from purchasing  but, we understand the need to make people aware of the situation. 

Thanks, @CGC Mike!

On 3/18/2021 at 7:24 AM, wombat said:

The main point of the probation list is to push the paty in the wrong to correct whatever the issue was. They need to work it out with whoever nominated them so I would assume first thing Coxstrong should do is reach out to hermster and see how he can make it right if he wished to come off the list. 

I'm a da, wrong thread

Edited by mdean2437