• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Coxstrong
3 3

58 posts in this topic

Nominating Coxstrong, posted :takeit: on 9/11 in my sales thread. Sent him an invoice on 9/15, a friendly reminder on 9/25 and messaged him on 10/13 I will be nominating him on the probation list. He read the message on 10/13 and disregarded with no repsonse. He has been on recently too posting in a thread.

8 hours ago, hermster said:

PM'd and linked him of his official nomination to the probation list.  Let's see what happens or lack thereof on his part.

This looks textbook to me, and given that the nomination is now officially public, @Coxstrong will have 72hrs from the above post to respond and hopefully set things right.

2 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

This thread is over a year old. Since Probations are by definition temporary, how long is someone supposed to wait before being able to perform transactions again?

To be clear, I have no horse in this race. I'm just curious about the rules.

The point of probation is for the wrong party to resolve the issue. 

In this case, that could be hard.  He would have to reach out to the seller to work out a solution they can both agree to... Buy more books? Donate to a charity? 

@Coxstrong if you want to play ball in the yard, you'll need to resolve this issue. Most buyers and sellers won't have confidence working with you until you've established some trust / credibility. 

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Looks like it was $10. Yes I have too much time on my hands. 

Thanks 

$10

Seems like $10 is the new $12.

I don't get why you would stay on the list for the price of a Pizza. (shrug)

22 hours ago, Chazgee said:

This thread is over a year old. Since Probations are by definition temporary, how long is someone supposed to wait before being able to perform transactions again?

Good question. Never heard of lifetime probation so when does his end?