• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Small GA collection - Hollywood Confessions #2, 1950 Marvel western & Patsy Walker, Dell FC, Fiction House, Fawcett
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Just picked up a small but nice batch of books from a local collection. Very solid copies of books you don't see every day. I will get at least one posted today, and will try to get to the rest this weekend.

First :takeit: in thread or via PM is the winner. Due to lack of timestamps I will do my best to determine the owner in the event of a near tie. Offers via PM are welcome, but if a sale is made prior to a deal being completed then the negotiations cease. If a deal is reached in a PM I will update the thread ASAP. The first buyer is the owner.

Shipping is at cost within the US or international. Method must be trackable, and I will not fudge customs forms.

Payment via Paypal, checks, or MOs from US customers, international must pay via Paypal.

Returns are fine, return shipping is on you unless I missed something material, and then shipping is on me.

Nobody on any naughty list, nor anyone who has backed out of a previous deal with me are welcome to buy here.

Hollywood Confessions #2 VGish -- asking $275 + shipping

Published by St. John, December 1949, OSPG has Kubert doing the entire book. OSPG also lists the book as scarce, and my research turned up a fair number of sales of #1 but not much on #2. A copy listed as 2.0 recently sold on eBay for $170 and the photos show a copy that is clearly inferior to this one.

A couple minor edge tears at top edge of front cover, and one at left edge of back cover. Bit of wrinkling on the left edge of the back cover that may have been moisture, but it does not have staining like it was moisture. Book length crease on front cover just to the right of the producer that minimally breaks color. A press could help this copy. Cover and centerfold are firm at both staples, staples themselves are shiny.

HollywoodConfessions02.jpg

HollywoodConfessions02bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Whip Wilson #10 VG/VG+ -- asking $75 + shipping

Seriously obscure 1950 Marvel, middle issue of a 3 issue run. Book is complete, solid, well attached at the staples, and has great color. Chipping visible around the edges of the covers is really the worst of it. Great copy of a book you won't see every day.

WhipWilson10.jpg

WhipWilson10bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Earlyish bird to start this Saturday morning...

Indians #4 G -- asking $15 + shipping

Complete but with obvious wear. Piece at top left spine has a small piece of tape inside back cover holding it on. First two wraps are torn in the same spot but no pieces missing. Book is complete, readable, and everything is attached at both staples.

Indians04.jpg

Indians04bc.jpg

Another uncommon and inexpensive Fiction House...

Wambi, Jungle Boy #12 G-/G -- asking $10 + shipping

Rough but complete. Cover is hanging on by a thread at bottom staple, and there is splitting along spine but covers are holding together. Centerfold is attached at both staples, and book is complete and readable.

Wambi12.jpg

Wambi12bc.jpg

Cookie #24 VG -- asking $10 + shipping SOLD

Structurally nice with great pages and everything attached at both staples. Dust shadows on covers, and inside covers are tanned.

Cookie24.jpg

Cookie24bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
Sold

5 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Cookie #24 VG -- asking $10 + shipping
Structurally nice with great pages and everything attached at both staples. Dust shadows on covers, and inside covers are tanned.

Cookie24.jpg

:takeit:

Texas Kid #4 F/VF -- asking $45 + shipping SOLD

Incredibly fresh copy with great pages. Light spine wear and spine splits of 1/4" up top and about 3/16" at bottom. Touch of surface dirt at top of back cover that should be cleanable if so desired. Doesn't feel like a book published in 1951.

TexasKid04.jpg

TexasKid04bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
Sold

Reno Browne #51 VGish -- asking $45 + shipping SOLD

Another middle issue of a super obscure 3 issue Marvel. Great color, fresh pages, everything well attached at both staples. Bit of chipping at cover edges, and overhang on right edge of front cover is a bit banged up. Still a pretty book.

RenoBrowne51.jpg

RenoBrowne51bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

24 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Texas Kid #4 F/VF -- asking $45 + shipping

Incredibly fresh copy with great pages. Light spine wear and spine splits of 1/4" up top and about 3/16" at bottom. Touch of surface dirt at top of back cover that should be cleanable if so desired. Doesn't feel like a book published in 1951.

TexasKid04.jpg

TexasKid04bc.jpg

:takeit:

Four Color #147 G Qualified -- asking $40 + shipping

Cover detached, some wear to page edges, and center wrap detached. Only 11 pages on each side of staples, so the centerfold is missing to boot. Decent placeholder for a 1947 Barks issue.

FC147.jpg

FC147bc.jpg

Cowboy Western #35 VG -- asking $10 + shipping

1951 Charlton book. Very solid copy with great eye appeal. Top staple has been removed for some reason. No staining or otherwise to suggest it was problematic, it is just gone. Top staple also never penetrated centerfold, but bottom staple is holding cover and centerfold just fine. Great pages. Minor moisture to upper right back cover that does not penetrate cover or affect pages.

CowboyWestern35.jpg

CowboyWestern35bc.jpg