• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"You're gonna let that bother you?"
1 1

137 posts in this topic

Was waiting for The Redhead at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Ca and had some time to kill and found a new comic shop (to me) on Magnolia Blvd. that had some back issues, but mostly stuff for the Funko crowd.

Owner asked what I was looking for, said the Claremont X-men stuff, you know,  94 - 143. He pulled out a raw 118. There was a huge crease in the lower right corner that broke color and I said thanks but no thanks. 

"Why?"

"Not a fan a the giant crease there," pointing to giant ugly crease. 

"Oh, you're gonna let that bother you?"

I thought that was such an odd thing to say. Yeah it bothers me and I'm sure you were the first to point it out when you bought it from whomever you did. Owners buddy (?), employee (?) piped in, "Yeah that wouldn't bother me and tried to make me feel stupid for, I dunno, caring about condition. Walked out never to return.

Good luck with the Funkos, pal.

lol Merely take book and walk out store with it-when he yells HEY COME BACK YOU'RE STEALING THAT COMIC!!! turn around and say "Oh, you're gonna let that bother you?"

:roflmao:

22 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Was waiting for The Redhead at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Ca and had some time to kill and found a new comic shop (to me) on Magnolia Blvd. that had some back issues, but mostly stuff for the Funko crowd.

Owner asked what I was looking for, said the Claremont X-men stuff, you know,  94 - 143. He pulled out a raw 118. There was a huge crease in the lower right corner that broke color and I said thanks but no thanks. 

"Why?"

"Not a fan a the giant crease there," pointing to giant ugly crease. 

"Oh, you're gonna let that bother you?"

I thought that was such an odd thing to say. Yeah it bothers me and I'm sure you were the first to point it out when you bought it from whomever you did. Owners buddy (?), employee (?) piped in, "Yeah that wouldn't bother me and tried to make me feel stupid for, I dunno, caring about condition. Walked out never to return.

Good luck with the Funkos, pal.

Should have asked the buddy/employee if you could borrow the money to buy it. When he asks when you plan on paying it back, you could have said "Never. Are you going to let that bother you?"

lol

-slym

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Guilt into submission technique.

Hate that tactic.

Good catch I missed that.

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

just buy on the boards, or in Houston with Mr. Bedrock, roy or bob and call it a day. I'm too old to be going in turdy stores. It's a waste of time.

Offer $20 and say he can get paid today! Let's make this happen :sumo:

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

It's called Neil Adams Crusty Bunkers Toys and Comics. It being owned by Neil Adams would explain alot. 

In all seriousness that is his store I know for a fact! Are you sure it wasn't spelled "neal"?

@Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

It's called Neil Adams Crusty Bunkers Toys and Comics. It being owned by Neil Adams would explain alot. 

mail.gif

Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 6.01.20 PM.png

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

i'm gonne delete the Neil Adams Crusty Bunker thinge cause I'm not sure. 

Sure no worries. But how on earth did you come up with the name of, "Neil Adam's crust bunker", unless you had been there...

It's like being to the moon and bringing back a tshirt ;)

Would've been amaze balls!

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sure no worries. But how on earth did you come up with the name of, "Neil Adam's crust bunker", unless you had been there...

It's like being to the moon and bringing back a tshirt ;)

Would've been amaze balls!

looked up comic shops on magnolia blvd in burbank trying to find it.