• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"You're gonna let that bother you?"
1 1

137 posts in this topic

Just now, NoMan said:

looked up comic shops on magnolia blvd in burbank trying to find it.

It's all good!

Spoiler

The only reason I tagged buzzetta is because he has funny neal Adam's stories :foryou:

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's all good!

Reveal hidden contents

The only reason I tagged buzzetta is because he has funny neal Adam's stories :foryou:

doesn't everyone? Attended first comic con in 35 years and walk by his table and he starts yelling at me that I'm collecting comic wrong, all the while he's half doing and sketch and half eating a hamburger which is dripping onto the sketch. I honestly thought he was clinicly nuts.

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

doesn't everyone? Attended first comic con in 35 years and walk by his table and he starts yelling at me that I'm collecting comic wrong, all the while he's half doing and sketch and half eating a hamburger which is dripping onto the sketch. I honestly thought he was clinicly nuts.

Sounds like a crusty bunker to me ha. At least he doesn't false advertise :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

"Oh, you're gonna let that bother you?"

"Yes.  I'm also gonna let the fact you said that bother me-"
ZING

2 hours ago, kav said:

Is that Neal on left?

Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 6.56.01 PM.png

A tip for figuring that out is to look for the presence of a plain blue shirt. 

Here it’s absent.

Hawaiian or floral patterns, as on the right, don’t count.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

A tip for figuring that out is to look for the presence of a blue shirt. 

Here it’s absent.

should have known-

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

No. It was called Blast From The Past Toys, Collectables and comics.

https://m.facebook.com/blastfromthepastinc/

if you scroll down the page and see the dude with the Santa hat on, he's the one who made the stupid comment. total junk store

He looks like he just ate his first turd sandwich and is trying to decide if he liked it or not.

SantaHat2.jpg.8a2f3d627748891a964e9018be80287f.jpg

Neal Adams DOES have a store though... 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07/13/neal-adams-grand-opening-crusty-bunkers-comic-shop-burbank-today/

But... "you're gonna let that bother you" usually gets a "Yeah, at that price it does bother me" response.   Just walk on.  

This is why I don't bother visiting comic stores when I go to new places.  If I want something, I get it online.  I imagine the comic book stores in LA and in the busier areas of California to be like New York.  There is no reason to go to these places to look for comic stores. 

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07/13/neal-adams-grand-opening-crusty-bunkers-comic-shop-burbank-today/

But... "you're gonna let that bother you" usually gets a "Yeah, at that price it does bother me" response.   Just walk on.  

This is why I don't bother visiting comic stores when I go to new places.  If I want something, I get it online.  I imagine the comic book stores in LA and in the busier areas of California to be like New York.  There is no reason to go to these places to look for comic stores. 

but there are gems. like Southern California Comics in SD. YOu gotta try, althought I'm getting pretty tired of trying. 

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I want Neal Adams to autograph a blue shirt for me.

i'm not as quick as all you cats on my toes or I would have tried these funny suggestions. When he said that to me, I just felt uncomfortable. Anger came later. As a rule I don't do good with confrontation and try to avoid it. I'm pretty easy going but anger quickly if you're a d-bag and I end up with assault charges.  

Edited by NoMan

15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

i'm not as quick as all you cats on my toes or I would have tried these funny suggestions. When he said that to me, I just felt uncomfortable. Anger came later. As a rule I don't do good with confrontation and try to avoid it. I'm pretty easy going but anger quickly and end up with assault charges.  

best assault is good zinger then if they swing first its go time!