• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"You're gonna let that bother you?"
1 1

137 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, kav said:

best assault is good zinger then if they swing first its go time!

i'll keep this in mind, however, I don't want the X-Men #118 to be further damaged. 

Edited by NoMan

9 minutes ago, NoMan said:

i'll keep this in mind.

I've used this tactic several times-I'm never gonna swing first.  However, I can say the most enraging things-

Just think abt the most enraging things one could say about someone's mother, father, sister, brother, uncle and multiply by 1000.  This will give you a tiny glimmer of what I am capable of.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

i'm not as quick as all you cats on my toes or I would have tried these funny suggestions. When he said that to me, I just felt uncomfortable. Anger came later. As a rule I don't do good with confrontation and try to avoid it. I'm pretty easy going but anger quickly if you're a d-bag and I end up with assault charges.  

Avoiding confrontation is usually the best option.  I just had a funny thought about it and would never really do it in person.

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Neal Adams DOES have a store though... 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07/13/neal-adams-grand-opening-crusty-bunkers-comic-shop-burbank-today/

But... "you're gonna let that bother you" usually gets a "Yeah, at that price it does bother me" response.   Just walk on.  

This is why I don't bother visiting comic stores when I go to new places.  If I want something, I get it online.  I imagine the comic book stores in LA and in the busier areas of California to be like New York.  There is no reason to go to these places to look for comic stores. 

Precisely correct. It's generally a complete waste of time to walk into comic stores in California. They're mostly museums now.

"But..but...but...but...muh OVERHEAD!!"

It's called "competition." 

On 11/22/2019 at 7:11 PM, NoMan said:

Was waiting for The Redhead at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Ca and had some time to kill and found a new comic shop (to me) on Magnolia Blvd. that had some back issues, but mostly stuff for the Funko crowd.

Owner asked what I was looking for, said the Claremont X-men stuff, you know,  94 - 143. He pulled out a raw 118. There was a huge crease in the lower right corner that broke color and I said thanks but no thanks. 

"Why?"

"Not a fan a the giant crease there," pointing to giant ugly crease. 

"Oh, you're gonna let that bother you?"

I thought that was such an odd thing to say. Yeah it bothers me and I'm sure you were the first to point it out when you bought it from whomever you did. Owners buddy (?), employee (?) piped in, "Yeah that wouldn't bother me and tried to make me feel stupid for, I dunno, caring about condition. Walked out never to return.

Good luck with the Funkos, pal.

That's why local LCS is a dying breed

On 11/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, NoMan said:

Was waiting for The Redhead at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Ca and had some time to kill and found a new comic shop (to me) on Magnolia Blvd. that had some back issues, but mostly stuff for the Funko crowd.

Owner asked what I was looking for, said the Claremont X-men stuff, you know,  94 - 143. He pulled out a raw 118. There was a huge crease in the lower right corner that broke color and I said thanks but no thanks. 

"Why?"

"Not a fan a the giant crease there," pointing to giant ugly crease. 

"Oh, you're gonna let that bother you?"

I thought that was such an odd thing to say. Yeah it bothers me and I'm sure you were the first to point it out when you bought it from whomever you did. Owners buddy (?), employee (?) piped in, "Yeah that wouldn't bother me and tried to make me feel stupid for, I dunno, caring about condition. Walked out never to return.

Good luck with the Funkos, pal.

Pause and stare at him for a bit then say "Something is bothering me".

19 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You don't know everything Kav, how could you say that?

:sorry:

dang

Edited by kav