• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 8.5 - New Bedford, MA
4 4

84 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

If this is the IH181 that ebay buyer didnt return and he gets nabbed trying to sell it thats also instant mail fraud right?

2 minutes ago, kav said:

If this is the IH181 that ebay buyer didnt return and he gets nabbed trying to sell it thats also instant mail fraud right?

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I am not a lawyer. 

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I am not a lawyer. 

Me either-just wanted to make sure its same book.  Man I hope he's dumb and tries an obvious sale.  If it just goes in his longbox thats the end of it unless years later some sharp eyed boardie spots it on ebay.

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Me either-just wanted to make sure its same book.  Man I hope he's dumb and tries an obvious sale.  If it just goes in his longbox thats the end of it unless years later some sharp eyed boardie spots it on ebay.

Yeah, it's the same book. I'm sure he's done this before. He was smart enough to take a picture of the item he says I shipped him soon after it was delivered. According to my first conversation with eBay, if he ships back the book he says he received, there isn't much they can do.

So, I'm pretty much left hoping one of the following happens - the police are able to turn something up, it comes up for sale, or by a miracle, eBay sees the police report and evidence I provided and sides with me.

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, it's the same book. I'm sure he's done this before. He was smart enough to take a picture of the item he says I shipped him soon after it was delivered. According to my first conversation with eBay, if he ships back the book he says he received, there isn't much they can do.

very frustrating.  I feel your pain.  Low level criminals do tend to get bolder and bolder tho and then a rat trap snaps on em one day-

Just now, comicquant said:

Do you have scans of the book?  They'll likely crack it so having some scans to help identify defects would be helpful.  

Yup, I do. And, grader notes, too.

Grader Notes:
light spine stress lines to cover
moderate foxing to cover

181front.jpg

181back.jpg

Just now, comicquant said:

Wow, thats a nice 8.5.  So irritating eBay has turned into a haven for these scumbags.

Yeah, the foxing killed it. Had higher hopes for it when I purchased it. eBay pictures vs scans make a big difference.

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That's highly recognizable with that extreme front cover/spine back-wrap if they should so happen to bust it out or re-sub it! Not a whole helluva' lot of 181s have that #2 of the 25 cents starting o creep around the spine. Copies folded like that will stand out for closer matching characteristics.

Nice!

8 hours ago, lordisam said:

I mean..... for real.... I'm thinking if CGC added that as an optional feature, many collectors would be willing to shell out some extra dough for the piece of mind.

Who’s going to buy a book with a GPS tracker in it?