• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daniel dupcak
4 4

130 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

If I remember correctly, someone claiming to be his ex or ex girlfriend or something came on here many years back and was going to tell all about his resto and krap on comics. She posted a few times and I think she vanished. Maybe BUTM can find it, or remember her board name. Too bad all this stuff was not archived in a greatest hits thread.

1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

hm... between the greatest hits thread and the inside jokes for comics general thread... 

I wonder if we could have a March Madness type thing to determine what the best CG event has been... 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

hm... between the greatest hits thread and the inside jokes for comics general thread... 

I wonder if we could have a March Madness type thing to determine what the best CG event has been... 

There's been some great ones. I would still have to put Nik's meltdown with " piglet " right in there with the best of them.

3 minutes ago, DR.X said:

There's been some great ones. I would still have to put Nik's meltdown with " piglet " right in there with the best of them.

I believe that Nik passed shortly before I was lurking in 2010 so I missed out on a lot of that. 

I want to read the threads in the box. I'm guessing name-calling and threats help, so here goes: Hammer, you flacid piece of unpumped flesh, I can whup you with a stern stare, let alone a girl-punch. Meet me somewhere in the middle of the country (let's say Kansas, so Khaos can watch), and I'll pummel you about the head and belly. Please bring a bag of money. Thank you.

-- Joanna

Man, I had forgotten all about the time our Den Mother Joanna tried to get into the Penalty Box by trashtalking Hammer...

There was a thread where a guy called Cante? who use to restore dannys books came on the boards. He said that once danny learnt enough from him he told Cante to get lost and started to perform the restoration on his books himself. I cant find it but below is a thread about dannys practices and how he tried to outwit a board member but came off a very poor 2nd.     

2 hours ago, Justin Case said:

There was a thread where a guy called Cante? who use to restore dannys books came on the boards. He said that once danny learnt enough from him he told Cante to get lost and started to perform the restoration on his books himself. I cant find it but below is a thread about dannys practices and how he tried to outwit a board member but came off a very poor 2nd.     

Is it this thread?

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/16925-hammer-comes-clean-cpg-quotes-the-flip-side/page/2/#comments

Cantie was working for CGC at that time (posts as SuperDuperComics)

32 minutes ago, Bax77 said:

Is Cante the guy that was secretly hired by PCS, and when that imploded, transferred to CGC? And when asked about his experience and who he was CGC wouldn't tell us anything? Now I can see why, they didn't want us to know about his shady background.

I never heard of that connection. Cantie (last name is Brevard) was well known in comic restoration circles back in the day. He was probably hired by CGC due that experience. Unfortunately, it looks like Cantie may have passed away in 2017 at the way too young to die age of 52.

People have got to remember that Danny was one of the biggest dealers back in the hobby in the mid to late 1980s. He dealt with EVERYONE.

I've always said if he devoted half the time to playing the game legit, than trying to trick/fool the system, he would probably be one of the biggest dealers in the hobby today (think Metropolis/Fishler size/presence)

Edited by DanCooper

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

Unfortunately, it looks like Cantie may have passed away in 2017 at the way too young to die age of 52.

Wow! Its when i read things like this that i wonder if there is a God. From what i have heard Cantie was a good guy and when he found out that dupcak was selling restored books as unrestored he wanted nothing more to do with him. Also like many others dupcak owed him money as well. So Cantie is gone and dupcak is still around to keep conning people out of their hard earned money. The world we live in.  

Well, since all of you guys seem to be so infatuated with Danny Boy here, how about the thread from way back where he and a few of our very own board members here like Masterchief, Red Hook, etc. opened the kimono and everybody here saw for the first time what was actually going on behind the scenes with CGC and "certain people in the know" with respect to the "maximization of potential" on books.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

That thread certainly took on a life of its own and not surprisingly, seem to :blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:  on for something like well over 150 pages of shock, anger, and total disbelief at the shenanigans that had been taking place for years.  Especially when everybody had been under the impression that 3rd party independent grading was supposed to be preventing these exact types of situations, as opposed to surrepititiously facilitating them through the laundering of manipulated books into an unsuspecting marketplace.  :mad:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

31 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, since all of you guys seem to be so infatuated with Danny Boy here, how about the thread from way back where he and a few of our very own board members here like Masterchief, Red Hook, etc. opened the kimono and everybody here saw for the first time what was actually going on behind the scenes with CGC and "certain people in the know" with respect to the "maximization of potential" on books.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

That thread certainly took on a life of its own and not surprisingly, seem to :blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:  on for something like well over 150 pages of shock, anger, and total disbelief at the shenanigans that had been taking place for years.  Especially when everybody had been under the impression that 3rd party independent grading was supposed to be preventing these exact types of situations, as opposed to surrepititiously facilitating them through the laundering of manipulated books into an unsuspecting marketplace.  :mad:  :censored:

:whatthe: 

:signofftopic:

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I'd love to see this thread if anyone can dig it up.

24 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

This was fairly easy to find using names from the prior posts.. Google + CGC forum + Mastechief:

Are we allowed to post this link? The thread still exists but its language is concerning expunged forum info. There's a lot more, I haven't had  chance to read it yet but seems related to what Lou was looking for.

There are more links in that thread that are still active. Refernces to Cole Shave, an insane press on this and that, an Avengers 1 realigning, and others.

Edited by James J Johnson

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
23 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

This was fairly easy to find using names from the prior posts.. Google + CGC forum + Mastechief:

Are we allowed to post this link? The thread still exists but its language is concerning expunged forum info. There's a lot more, I haven't had  chance to read it yet but seems related to what Lou was looking for.

Not the ones which I was referring to as these are all from the past several years ago.

The one I was referring to was from sometime around 2005 and also when Jason first got outed on these boards for his micro-trim jobs.  :gossip:

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not the ones which I was referring to as these are all from the past several years ago.

The one I was referring to was from sometime around 2005 and also when Jason first got outed on these boards for his micro-trim jobs.  :gossip:

Google + Ewert + CGC forum + 2005 =

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/878/for-the-board-vets-comic-keys-exposed-ewert/

and

among other links still working.

Easy. Just google: CGC forum + whatever the keyword or name it is you're looking for. There's lots more. They're still right here, CGC did not expunge them. Why would they? They didn't do anything wrong.

Edited by James J Johnson