• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daniel dupcak
4 4

130 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Chrisco37 and Brian Foolkiller did an excellent summation of the 135 pages in that "Redux" thread you reposted

48 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

OK, so by reading that one, I can save myself from 135 pages of eye-strain? Many thanks! (thumbsu

Remember that ever since the boards changed, 135 pages is the new 270.

5 hours ago, DanCooper said:
5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:
5 hours ago, Bax77 said:

135 pages!  :whatthe:

Chrisco37 and Brian Foolkiller did an excellent summation of the 135 pages in that "Redux" thread you reposted

Too lazy to go through all of the pages here, but I believe it might have been even earlier than this one here.  hm

It's the thread where Borock came onto the boards and retroactively disclosed officially that pressing was not considered to be restoration as it was deemed only to be "maximization of potential" for a book.  Definitely a shocker to everybody at the time as pressing had always been considered to be an attempt only to improve the condition of a book, and hence to be restoration, which was clearly noted as such in the Overstreet guide to that point in time.  It was unfortunate that CGC had forgotten to proactively inform the hobby and the marketplace as to this significant change in their definition when they first opened their doors, and instead waited until this was caught by some astute board members here a few years later through before and after scans of the same book going up in grade.  :facepalm:  (tsk)

This then led to the infamous Church copy of Boy Comics 17 which was outed as it had gone from a CGC 4.0 graded copy up to a CGC 7.5 graded copy and then finally into a CGC 9.0 graded copy, all whilst residing in a blue label slab.  After several more days of angst, Borock finally came back onto the boards to then once again retroactively declared that "disassembly and reassembly of  comic book, in and of itself, does not consitute restoration" and hence the reason how a 4.0 graded copy of a book can become a 9.0 graded copy of the exact same book.  that was definitely CYA and positive spin to the nth degree which unfortunately, then became the new normal going forward after that.  O.o  :screwy:  :censored:

I must say those were definitely the good old fun days and very unlike the snoozefest now when you can go for hours and even a full day waiting for a new post to show up on some of these boards here.  :taptaptap:  zzz

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Too lazy to go through all of the pages here, but I believe it might have been even earlier than this one here.  hm

It's the thread where Borock came onto the boards and retroactively disclosed officially that pressing was not considered to be restoration as it was deemed only to be "maximization of potential" for a book.  Definitely a shocker to everybody at the time as pressing had always been considered to be an attempt only to improve the condition of a book, and hence to be restoration, which was clearly noted as such in the Overstreet guide to that point in time.  It was unfortunate that CGC had forgotten to proactively inform the hobby and the marketplace as to this significant change in their definition when they first opened their doors, and instead waited until this was caught by some astute board members here a few years later through before and after scans of the same book going up in grade.  :facepalm:  (tsk)

This then led to the infamous Church copy of Boy Comics 17 which was outed as it had gone from a CGC 4.0 graded copy up to a CGC 7.5 graded copy and then finally into a CGC 9.0 graded copy, all whilst residing in a blue label slab.  After several more days of angst, Borock finally came back onto the boards to then once again retroactively declared that "disassembly and reassembly of  comic book, in and of itself, does not consitute restoration" and hence the reason how a 4.0 graded copy of a book can become a 9.0 graded copy of the exact same book.  that was definitely CYA and positive spin to the nth degree which unfortunately, then became the new normal going forward after that.  O.o  :screwy:  :censored:

I must say those were definitely the good old fun days and very unlike the snoozefest now when you can go for hours and even a full day waiting for a new post to show up on some of these boards here.  :taptaptap:  zzz

:tink:

2 hours ago, WEBHEAD said:

Don't we all miss his blow ups and threads that would be hundreds of pages in a few hours 

F-Spider-Man-Far-From-Home.jpg

Yep we do and i am sure i have some of them saved. I will look later on this evening and put the best ones up. In the meantime what did happen about this one.

I know Esquirecomics is a good guy but i thought even back then the title was a bit misleading.

Edited by Justin Case
trying to delete ASm 129 pic

Well seeing as some people are still asking about dupcaks past and im feeling a bit bored i thought i would post this oldie:-

It doesnt take long to work out who comic-keys/dupcak is even though he pathetically continues to deny it.