• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How comics broke Alan Moore's heart
3 3

72 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bird said:

Bleeding Cool story about Leah Moore tweets about Alan Moore having his heart broken by comics

I thought that this was very interesting and worth sharing. 

does bleedin cool take impossibly forever to load on anyone else's computer?  I simply cannot read their articles anymore due to all the ads-every few sentences that load take abt 3 min...sent email to Rich but he didnt care I guess or maybe its just my computer.

41 minutes ago, kav said:

does bleedin cool take impossibly forever to load on anyone else's computer?  I simply cannot read their articles anymore due to all the ads-every few sentences that load take abt 3 min...sent email to Rich but he didnt care I guess or maybe its just my computer.

It worked alright for me :foryou: :headbang: 

10 minutes ago, Bird said:

sure, I think Leah Moore's perspective on her father is very new

While it delves into enough detail for me to understand (me basically knowing nothing :( ) it is still understandingly disappointing for her. My Dad was born in 1940, he likes to talk and talk. I can only imagine the stories Moore told his daughter and with great detail. Sometimes I can only hear so much lol sounds like she took her father's words to heart! :headbang: but can still be upsetting :( 

5 minutes ago, kav said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It worked alright for me :foryou: :headbang: 

that wut I figgered-need new comp :sorry:

No Worries, Usually it doesn't, so I know what you mean about "bleeding cool" :foryou: 

Did you get another chromebook? I remember when I was in the market earlier this year, I think that's the one that you mentioned :wishluck: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No Worries, Usually it doesn't, so I know what you mean about "bleeding cool" :foryou: 

Did you get another chromebook? I remember when I was in the market earlier this year, I think that's the one that you mentioned :wishluck: 

my chromebook is no longer supported but it still works so I just keep using it.

2 hours ago, Bird said:

Bleeding Cool story about Leah Moore tweets about Alan Moore having his heart broken by comics

I thought that this was very interesting and worth sharing. 

Im disgusted with how DC and Marvel has tricked and abused Alan Moore and by means of fiscal fine print has as good as @stolen@ creative property made by Moore. Shame on those greedy suits who make a living by ripping off unique creators. This travesty shall not be forgotten. 

That website is bleeding aggravating. It's everything I hate about our modern, click-bait world.  :preach:

The only thing that was missing - and maybe it was there and just covered up by other ads and banners - was the top 25 places to retire, the top 25 quarterbacks of all-time (hint: Joe Montana not in top five), and the 25 best cosplay costumes from comicon.  :sorry:

I didn't have a problem with any ads and the page loaded instantaneously.  I use a good ad blocker, though.

From the comic creators' perspective, it's just a variant of my experience as a purist reader and collector; disheartening and frustrating to see a medium you care very deeply about being controlled by a group that's only interested in money.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

Can someone give me a brief summary of why Alan Moore's heart is busted?
I am done with Bleeding Uncool.

Maybe if everyone emailed him about way too many ads like I did Rich would listen?

richjohnston@gmail.com

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, kav said:

Can someone give me a brief summary of why Alan Moore's heart is busted?
I am done with Bleeding Uncool.

Maybe if everyone emailed him about way too many ads like I did Rich would listen?

richjohnston@gmail.com

Click on the link on the post I made above yours.

1 minute ago, Comicopolis said:

Click on the link on the post I made above yours.

I just see people commenting on alan but not alan's gripe.

I only like 4 of Moore's offerings: watchmen, miracleman, Promethea (could have done without naming super group the 'five swell guys' tho)  and Top Ten.  The rest of his stuff bores me to tears.

5 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

Leah Moore explains it in her tweets.

can you give me a brief synopsis so I dont gotta read all the tweets?