• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you want a frame for a treasured silver age comic book...
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I bought this on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015JNS3K6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It worked perfectly for a comic which I hold in high regard... the first one I ever bought... in the first grade...

ASM59.thumb.JPG.898fb5981f74eaad3497a3896707b4cc.JPG

I didn't like the plastic cases... I wanted something to hang on the wall, and this works perfectly.

A little pricey... about $40... but UV glass to protect the book, and it fits in super-snug. Plus the matting looks GREAT!

I remember taking my copy on the bus to school with me. I was dazzled by the cover... it combined my love of Spidey action with a previously unknown fascination for gorgeous gingers...

...the most gorgeous of whom I wound up marrying. :)

Anyhoo... just thought some here might have a use for this.

Looks nice.  You can choose frames that will hold 1, 2, 3, or 4 comics.

Also, it looks like the single comic frame with double matting and regular glass is $39.34........and the single comic frame with double matting and conservation glass (99% UV blocking) is $52.95......and they come with free shipping.......just an FYI for those wanting to get one.

Edited by Domo Arigato

12 minutes ago, oldrover said:

That three framer would be awesome for FF 48-50. Heck, you could use repro covers. :)

That would look really good. 

And the four framer could hold things like the original Wolverine Limited series.  With the UV protection conservation glass, it's $112.95 (with regular glass it's $83.95) and comes with free shipping......which isn't too bad considering how large the shipping box is going to be for those.

Edited by Domo Arigato

14 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

That would look really good. 

And the four framer could hold things like the original Wolverine Limited series.  With the UV protection conservation glass, it's $112.95 (with regular glass it's $83.95) and comes with free shipping......which isn't too bad considering how large the shipping box is going to be for those.

Is there one for slabs? :shy:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is there one for slabs? :shy:

I have this and a few others for slabs. The guy that makes them also makes a smaller version for non slabs. No UV glass though so you can't hang in front of a window or something. I think he charges ~60 dollars for the smaller frames depending on how much detail they require. They have a very looooooong wait time however since he works on them by himself. 

IMG_20181207_163535-1.jpg

43 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I have this and a few others for slabs. The guy that makes them also makes a smaller version for non slabs. No UV glass though so you can't hang in front of a window or something. I think he charges ~60 dollars for the smaller frames depending on how much detail they require. They have a very looooooong wait time however since he works on them by himself. 

IMG_20181207_163535-1.jpg

That’s nice... but I’m pretty sure Mrs. Rover won’t let me hang that where anyone else besides me could see it. :nyah: