• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does your significant other approve/understand your passion for OA?

47 posts in this topic

My Girlfriend is amazingly supportive..before she met me she knew nothing about comics or the art of it. Two years later and she has her own comic collection and a few pieces of her own art. She goes to all the cons, even makes me go to the local ones when I am not into it "to see her friends there". She encourages my purchases, even pushing me to expand my budget if she sees me have "that look" she says I have when I look at something i love. She doesn't really care for me buying art just for an investment but realizes that aspect. She has bought me art.. and even asked me for a list of pages I was interested in this year to share with my family if they wanted to get me something for the holidays lol.

I think it helps that she is a writer by trade and understands the creative and story telling aspect of it. 

She is perfect.. 

56 minutes ago, NicoV said:

I also spend A LOT of time on ComicArtTracker. I suppose it can be considered as part of my passion for OA. She's also ok with that as I mainly work on CAT during evenings when our daughter is in bed, nearly never during week-ends (only a few minutes from time to time to check that everything is OK).

I mostly wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. From my perspective, it has really helped the hobby a lot.

Although, I still can’t get eBay to open anymore; I just get a message it will open in a new window, but then, no new window.