• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

self submit or use Facilitator?

4 posts in this topic

So I attend about 2 cons a year and either CGC or some facilitator is normally there. However during the winter months my Comic collecting doesn't stop and as of now I have about 4 or 5 silver age books I would like to get graded. My next con isn't until May and by then its possible I may have more. A friend says I should just self submit instead of waiting for a con that way I don't get so backed up but i'm afraid of messing up paperwork, lost books and all that jazz where if I wait a person who does this 1000 times a day buys me a piece of mind that things get done correctly.

I was just wondering what most people do. Should I self submit or just wait for my local con?

I have always subbed myself. It seems like getting someone else involved just adds expense and time to an already expensive and long process, and another link in the chain that could fail.

Filling  out the online form is pretty easy, pay with a cc, print the form and put it with the comics. If you do something wrong, they will call you. I have done 20 or so with no major issues. 

Maybe someone that uses facilitators can chime in on the advantages.  I am not very familiar with doing it that way.

Submit them yourself. You have more control. The less hands on your comics, the better. I would not send more than 4 comics the first time. You will have to do some homework- e.g watch youtube videos and research other forums. I actually did not submit my first comics till a couple months after buying my CGC membership - I had thousands of doubts and questions!  Also- as you go through the process, don't hesitate to post any questions or concerns on this forum. There are some very kind and helpful people here. After you get past the first sub, it will be MUCH easier the next time!  Good Luck!

22 hours ago, captain_em said:

Submit them yourself. You have more control. The less hands on your comics, the better. I would not send more than 4 comics the first time. You will have to do some homework- e.g watch youtube videos and research other forums. I actually did not submit my first comics till a couple months after buying my CGC membership - I had thousands of doubts and questions!  Also- as you go through the process, don't hesitate to post any questions or concerns on this forum. There are some very kind and helpful people here. After you get past the first sub, it will be MUCH easier the next time!  Good Luck!

Bingo.

Edit: Your avatar is creeping me out...

Edited by theCapraAegagrus