• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealing with Albert Moy

25 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Has anyone ever had any success making an offer to him? There are a few pieces he's had on his site for 10+ years that I'm interested in, but not at the price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with making a good offer on stuff or if I should even bother. 

Not that I can recall, but there is no harm in the asking.

46 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Has anyone ever had any success making an offer to him? There are a few pieces he's had on his site for 10+ years that I'm interested in, but not at the price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with making a good offer on stuff or if I should even bother. 

If you trade heavily in his favor for something he wants.

if you offer mad money:

I found a piece he was selling for ten years at 24 K

i finally had the money this summer and he informed me the same page is $80,000.

Good luck

He is a nice guy so there’s that

On 11/24/2019 at 1:57 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

I now recall that I did buy something a long time ago, and he cut the price a little when I asked. 

While a lot of posters are getting a bit gushy here, and I agree he is fair and pleasant to deal with, don’t forget he is still a dealer who is there to make money. He is not your Aunt May. 

On 11/28/2019 at 5:51 AM, Rick2you2 said:

He is not your Aunt Moy. 

Fixed it for you

He has nice art, especially art that premieres at shows. Ive found him unlikely to negotiate price, but have no complaints on service. Over 15 years I’ve got art for $30 from him (my first purchase), to several thousand dollars, and his responsiveness was always good. 

Edited by Catwoman_Fan