• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Board Game, Role Playing Game, Card Game, and Other Game Collection
1 1

26 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Picked this up from a local toy show. The directions are crazy complicated and they really should have made plastic figures instead of cardboard. But the tower is cool.

1713668711_GargoylesBoardGame2.thumb.jpg.1fce9eae394b175f580b383f0c441cfe.jpg

1370102278_GargoylesBoardGame1.thumb.jpg.dea1addf211c1f4268be439f57f2611c.jpg

Is it from Gargoyles? A cartoon I think ??? 

G.I. Joe Cobra Battle Game from 1982. Never saw this before and picked it up for a great price locally. Complete, except for the instructions, but it's easy to figure out. You pull back and set the targets (cardboard), load the missile launcher, and shoot the dart/missile. It's a bit clunky - some targets are very sensitive and some are difficult to trigger. All the parts are rubber band-activated, and it could just be the replacement bands are different. I played with my 6 year old and 3 year old, and they both loved it. They also both beat me somehow.

449644115_GIJoeCobraBattleGame.thumb.jpg.22ce15cb2523e8542d2ba3340c8658be.jpg

17 hours ago, srezvan said:

G.I. Joe Cobra Battle Game from 1982. Never saw this before and picked it up for a great price locally. Complete, except for the instructions, but it's easy to figure out. You pull back and set the targets (cardboard), load the missile launcher, and shoot the dart/missile. It's a bit clunky - some targets are very sensitive and some are difficult to trigger. All the parts are rubber band-activated, and it could just be the replacement bands are different. I played with my 6 year old and 3 year old, and they both loved it. They also both beat me somehow.

449644115_GIJoeCobraBattleGame.thumb.jpg.22ce15cb2523e8542d2ba3340c8658be.jpg

Cool! I've never seen that before ...

Nice stuff.   That HeroQuest box art is especially nice.

I run this original art group if anyone here is interested in this type of material.    We have board game art, video game art, pinball art, rpg art, etc.  Game art basically.    The only thing we shy away from are prints, cels, and MTG (lots of other groups for MTG and other card game art already).

Original group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/502536466816380/

Recently started buy sell group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/759246584570374/

Edited by Bronty

Ok, so I picked this up a few weeks ago at Target. It was 50% off ($15 normally $30), and it is a blast.  My 7 year old and I play it.  Act 1 is a little tough for him being the shark, so I am the shark, then Act 2 he plays as the shark, and I play the crew, as it's a little more straightforward.   Such great 1970's nostalgia for me, I remember seeing it in the theatre as a young lad, freaky back in the day.   

1745046477_jawsgame.thumb.png.35ac715fb9b514cc18ce6a84783cccfc.png

Edited by Mercury Man

Does anyone else play or collect statistic based sports board games like Strat-O-Matic, APBA, the old Sports Illustrated line of games, etc.?

A few weeks ago I purchased an almost complete collection of Avalon Hill/Sports Illustrated Paydirt football game charts. Combined with what I already owned I now have a complete collection of charts from the 1969 season up to the final 1993 season set.

Just now, HouseofComics.Com said:

I used to enjoy the SI College Football game. I think my edition was maybe circa 1972, and still on toy shop shelves by 1976 or 1977.

There were several box versions of the same game which included top college teams from 1960-70. It started out as SI College Football and then the name was changed to Bowl Bound in 1973 when April House took over the line. 

I have the 1978 Avalon Hill bookshelf edition of Bowl Bound with an Ohio State running back featured on the box lid. Two sets each consisting of 20 additional teams were added in the 1980s.