• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your recent inexpensive purchases
1 1

37 posts in this topic

Let’s see what Golden age goody you bought recently for not a lot of money.  I’m not talking about a ridiculous bargain you lucked into. I’m not talking about a purchase you made 30 years ago. I’m talking about a purchase that’s a good example of what a modest amount of funds can buy TODAY. Share the price Or price range if you feel comfortable doing that.

Edited by Westy Steve

13 hours ago, OtherEric said:

A few books I've picked up so far this year, all $30 or less.  Not high grade, but some great reading copies of some genuine classic books.  A couple were even $10:

Mad_009.jpg

Weird_Science_20.jpg

Weird_Science_22.jpg

Weird_Science_Fantasy_25.jpg

WeSome Science...:roflmao: Come on Eric, you've gotta spring for a nice upgrade for that one. Such a stone classic!

Ah, MAD #9. The first EC I ever bought. The first comic book MAD I ever bought. Paid the princely sum of $2. for it. My dad about killed me. Was the first time I ever paid more than cover price for any comic. Once that happened, I found myself falling down the dark rabbit hole that I am in now. Still have it too!

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

WeSome Science...:roflmao: Come on Eric, you've gotta spring for a nice upgrade for that one. Such a stone classic!

Ah, MAD #9. The first EC I ever bought. The first comic book MAD I ever bought. Paid the princely sum of $2. for it. My dad about killed me. Was the first time I ever paid more than cover price for any comic. Once that happened, I found myself falling down the dark rabbit hole that I am in now. Still have it too!

It’s on the list, to be sure.  But I still feel it was $10 very well spent, and there are still so many other EC’s to get...

Great memories on your Mad #9, I stood have my first dime comic somewhere.  A Looney Tunes I traded some modern book for, that dropped me down the rabbit hole over 30 years ago now.

10 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

I wasn’t aware that there were Tarzan titles that were not photo covers.

They had some really great painted covers in the middle of the Dell run and towards the end as well. I have a mixture of Lex Barker photo covers (number 52 is propped up on my rotating shelf right now, as a matter of fact) and some nice painted covers in my collection, along with a few of those early line-drawn covers. 

How much cooler would it be if there were Foster and Hogarth covers to start the run?? hm

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/series.php?page=gallery&seriesid=8046