• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN! PGM JIM 83

16 posts in this topic

Ok so I finally found my book! Unfortunately it is wrapped in the wrong plastic. It was graded by the other company as a 4.0. My question is after seeing the photos and notes would you agree?
When I send it in to be re-slabbed would you have it pressed and cleaned hoping CCS and CGC feels like their work brought it to a 4.0?

Obviously if it stays a 4.0 I will be over the moon but am open as always to everyone’s thoughts and suggestions.

Happy Monday!

168A0C4B-4554-4243-94EA-646409CB3C33.jpeg

DA026A8D-8E7C-4153-8903-3D75149BBDB9.jpeg

E7A67157-5686-4A9F-A116-2F29EFBAB5E4.jpeg

Edited by AJCohen

23 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Looks like it has already been pressed

But pressing is undetectable.  :wink:

4.0 seems like a reasonable grade to me, too.

Edited by namisgr

Thanks so much everyone. Now the real question is do I break it out of its case before I send it in to CGC? I just have this feeling that CGC will see the case and grade and automatically bump it down half a point. Am I being paranoid? :ohnoez:

16 hours ago, AJCohen said:

Thanks so much everyone. Now the real question is do I break it out of its case before I send it in to CGC? I just have this feeling that CGC will see the case and grade and automatically bump it down half a point. Am I being paranoid? :ohnoez:

If they're still doing crossover service I'd 100% send it in as is & get the discount

I agree with voldy grade I think its a 4.0 can't see much help with a press or clean as its tanning that's showing really now. 

I would send it for a cross grade if they are still doing that with the discount and why chance you damaging the book in the slab when cracking it out would be my bonus point thought. 

Nice book by the way! (thumbsu