• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Post
1 1

19 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BaronSamedi said:

Hi Gals and Guys,

I'm not sure how to introduce myself, but here goes.

I collected sports cards growing up and only collected comics for the past few years. My collection is mostly made up of raw comic books, but I'm thinking of getting some slabbed . I enjoy watching Superhero movies and that's what piqued my interest in comic books. I hope I can meet some similar people on here.

Welcome to the Boards! 

I'm pleased to meet you, Baron...  :golfclap:

33 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Welcome to the boards.

Which comic titles do you collect?

Hi

I really like Todd McFarlane as an artist and creator. so I followed his career from Marvel and when he went off and created his own company with Image, so I started reading Spawn. IMO Spawn is very similar in nature to Venom with shape shifting abilities and all.

I like Shadowman as well, as you can see by my username, lol. 

Edited by BaronSamedi

6 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

Hi

I really like Todd McFarlane as an artist and creator. so I followed his career from Marvel and when he went off and created his own company with Image, so I started reading Spawn. IMO Spawn is very similar in nature to Venom with shape shifting abilities and all.

Nice! Spawn is one of my Top-3 favorite titles. McFarlane is also in my top 5/10 favorite artists.

one of my favorite "modern" artist is J Scott Campbell love the way he draws spidey, MJ, goblin, Black cat covers.. 

39 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

Hi

All hail the Toddfather!!!!

On 11/26/2019 at 9:43 AM, BaronSamedi said:

Hi Gals and Guys,

I collected sports cards growing up and only collected comics for the past few years. My collection is mostly made up of raw comic books, but I'm thinking of getting some slabbed . I enjoy watching Superhero movies and that's what piqued my interest in comic books. I hope I can meet some similar people on here.

Welcome

This is a pretty decent site where you can share in your enthusiasm for the hobby

There is also the water cooler for non comic book topics.

Navigate with freedom, but keep in mind the dignity and respect of others.

Hi Gals and Guys,

Welcome to the boards.  There's tons of discussions about movies here.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/70-comics-related-movies-tv-video-games/

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Welcome

This is a pretty decent site where you can share in your enthusiasm for the hobby

There is also the water cooler for non comic book topics.

Navigate with freedom, but keep in mind the dignity and respect of others.

I'm not sure what to make of this? Why wouldn't treat others with dignity and respect?

7 hours ago, BaronSamedi said:

Thanks for all the kind responses.:tink:

Have fun Baron and welcome! What sort of comics do you enjoy collecting,reading(edit-I missed a post!There's a few McFarlane signature opportunity threads going on right now)?This spot is full of a lot of wonderful information and some great,friendly folks.Not much comic wise you can't learn here with a bit of looking around and questions,we have experts of all eras and so,so SO many images of great books shared from peoples collections.I hope you enjoy.

Edited by porcupine48

Hi Gals and Guys,

Welcome to the boards, My Lord*

* FYI: A "Baron" is a member of the lowest order of the British nobility. It is not used as a form of address. Barons are usually being referred to as ‘Lord’.

Edited by StephenWA