• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Shane Davis art
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Already a strange story and probably only going to get stranger.

Not giving either side the benefit of the doubt (that they wouldn't lie to prevail)...how would anybody but those two know if the portfolios were removed pre-sale (and thus not part of the sale) or not?

That's the crux of the thing.

3 minutes ago, Kohei said:

What a bad break. So close to recovering the art. “Wrong county” so art goes back to the extortionist.

Creep threatens to burn the art if he’s not well paid. Still trying to sell it.

No way in hell this guy doesn’t know he’s stealing from Shane. It’s one thing to find something. Once you’ve been confronted with facts of ownership, the decision not to return the art makes you a SCUMBAG.

Im at a loss on how Shane can get these back but we have some “great” legal minds on here so....

13 minutes ago, vodou said:

Already a strange story and probably only going to get stranger.

Not giving either side the benefit of the doubt (that they wouldn't lie to prevail)...how would anybody but those two know if the portfolios were removed pre-sale (and thus not part of the sale) or not?

That's the crux of the thing.

Bill of sale should say one Jeep, a McDonalds coffee cup, lint, one pine tree scented air freshener,

and.........2 portfolios of a man’s work, maybe not blood but damn sure sweat and certainly now a few years.

Give back the art!!!!!

signed man on his high horse

2E7CDA3B-9BD3-4BBF-9F32-F09BD41DB427.jpeg.841885c85af9904b029044dc2ede0c18.jpegC2B6CA97-43ED-4CBF-8E55-8A9E1EDB3297.jpeg.33b1a485a71e2bb3dea41333cf0a222b.jpegF8DAEFA4-6851-4695-A52D-E66F2CBA8F39.jpeg.2d85a25004c78e8d78bcdc159c5eb4dd.jpegF368807D-4F0D-4409-A483-0CDBD59F2E5E.jpeg.a478ef23b4b993507de63551256a6919.jpeg

Edited by grapeape

Well, it'd be one thing if the buyer took something that was removed from the car, and put it in the car. It would be another thing entirely if the items were in the car when the car was purchased and the contents of that car transferred to the new owner.

Is it a jerk move to find out someone forgot their possessions in a car and not return them? Of course it is.
Is it legal? I want to say sort of. But I'm no lawyer. Just what I've read before. I believe at the time you turn over purchased property, any "found" items technically become the property of the new owner.

46 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

Well, it'd be one thing if the buyer took something that was removed from the car, and put it in the car. It would be another thing entirely if the items were in the car when the car was purchased and the contents of that car transferred to the new owner.

Exactly.

And not having any insight into the integrity of either party overall... ???

22 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Is it a jerk move to find out someone forgot their possessions in a car and not return them? Of course it is.
Is it legal? I want to say sort of. But I'm no lawyer. Just what I've read before. I believe at the time you turn over purchased property, any "found" items technically become the property of the new owner.

Maybe different, but not entirely in my eyes. If the guy left something in the car accidentally, it is pretty clear what the right thing to do is here. The guy needs to give back the art. 

Edited by JadeGiant

4 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Maybe different, but not entirely in my eyes. If the guy left something in the car accidentally, it is pretty clear what the right thing to do is here. The guy needs to give back the art. 

My statement about it being another thing entirely is not based on my opinion. I mean legally. While I agree with you on the moral aspects of it, the legality is a completely different matter. 

16 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

My statement about it being another thing entirely is not based on my opinion. I mean legally. While I agree with you on the moral aspects of it, the legality is a completely different matter. 

Moral aspects may be okay but if it legally now belongs to the owner of the purchased car I see Shane having a difficult time getting it back without some sort of compensation. Shame as he does great art, hope it isn't burned.