• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your own creations...

12 posts in this topic

Original art but not 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

has anyone attempted their own version of a cover? Or been inspired to put pen to paper (or pen to graphics tablet) and draw their superheros?

I vaguely remember someone drawing an awesome copy of a cover a while back in the general section.

if you got em, lets see em! popcorn.gif

I can draw, I've started drawing again after like 5 or 6 years but I'm getting back into it,Since i've been away from it it's like going back to the gym after a long lay off,You can't lift what you used too,but after awhile you get back up there,I'll post some stuff when I'm ready and I'll take some requests if you guys like it.

Hey guys I just found out that there's now OA forums here so I just registered.

I'm going to start on recreating the Amazing Fantasy 15 cover within the next week or so. Depending on how it comes out I'll post a pic/scan here afterwards and am also interested to see if anyone else has recreated anything on their own.

I also thought about doing a recreation of X-Men 136.

I'm wondering what people do for the lettering and logos in recreations? I mean I can faithfully reproduce the art but was thinking of either using clear acetate with photocopied logos or white paper pasted on for the logos. I might be able to do the logos by hand but would hate to screw up the art after I've completed it. I've seen some great recreations ruined by shoddy logo/text work before.

I can draw, I've started drawing again after like 5 or 6 years but I'm getting back into it,Since i've been away from it it's like going back to the gym after a long lay off,You can't lift what you used too,but after awhile you get back up there,I'll post some stuff when I'm ready and I'll take some requests if you guys like it.
You should try some Tomb Raider art! yay.gif