• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inventory from the old collection

14 posts in this topic

Ok so I reached about 2,500 to 3,000 and thought now would be a good time to start my list 

I have looked all over thinking this has to have been discussed, 25 years ago I used comic collector.  if You don't mind can I have an opinion on current products to keep track of your collection

Thank you  in advance

Thanks guys I do appreciate the input . But having lived that months on end data entry hell many times , I am looking forward to scanning by phone or hand unit[

8 to  10 K of books and that is still too much. Last time it was 35K . I think it was 2005 or  2006 and my dear Departed mother ,came to help me, It still took the whole summer to finish         

I Was hoping to hear from someone who has used one of the apps , software packages I talking about. Happy Thanks giving                                                                                         

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

how does that work? i dont see info there about keeping track of one's collection

you should be able to sign up. Top left you key in what series you're looking for and down the left hand side you put a check into the box of what issues you have then select add to collection and it will let you input the grade what you paid and any other info you want to add

I would recommend excel because of the sort and filter function. If you have lots of books and plan on tracking specifics (contributors, date, publisher, etc) then the sort/filter functions allow for grouped reports. You can later tie-in the excel worksheet to MS Access and incorporate images with the text content.

Edited by CDNComix

On 11/28/2019 at 2:00 PM, Arak Zantara said:

Thanks guys I do appreciate the input . But having lived that months on end data entry hell many times , I am looking forward to scanning by phone or hand unit[

8 to  10 K of books and that is still too much. Last time it was 35K . I think it was 2005 or  2006 and my dear Departed mother ,came to help me, It still took the whole summer to finish         

I Was hoping to hear from someone who has used one of the apps , software packages I talking about. Happy Thanks giving                                                                                         

Check out the Collectorz or CLZ app. I use the one made for the iphone and desktop version because it makes you mobile and functional. Very easy to use.   It does cost, but nothing substantial if you consider what it is helping you do and how much time it will save you in the long run.

On 11/30/2019 at 5:30 AM, namisgr said:

I'm a Luddite from the dark ages of collecting, but I just keep track of my inventory in a Word document.

Pfft! And you call yourself a luddite. If that were true, you'd be using this

Spoiler

:gossip: It's gregg(y) ruled 

Edited by Jeffro.

I want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to post an answer.

Hey .wow now there are some great suggestions. lets see now.... I never did excel for a collection but I imagine for something my size it would be better to switch a collection database over to it.  and comicbookrealm sounds wonderful and free is always nice but I dont think they have a bar code scanner... going to need it for this many entrees 

It looks like collectors CLZ is the way for me to go at this first year.... then I can always switch it over the following years .

Again thank you so very much and if I dont see you before then, Have a Merry Christmas , Happy Holiday, and a Happy New Year