• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S WEIRD BITS IS CLOSED!
2 2

264 posts in this topic

Happy  Holidays!  Let's see how many folks  got  out early today. 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics,. well packed in a padded  envelope.   $15 boxed  Priority  for  larger   
quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

Ditto  for one  or two  paperbacks or magazines. 

Hardcovers  will be  shipped  boxed Priority  flat rate  for $15

For the bargainminded  I  can  ship  one or  two comics  First Class for  $4.50

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  

If you just gotta  pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Hooey  V5 #3, February 1936

Early example of  the  typical  men's cheesecake  cartoon  magazine,  with  plenty  of   pretty gals  in   evening gowns  or   lingerie,  and plenty  of 
silly prose jokes  to boot.  By  today's  standards,  it's downright  wholesome.

32 b&w pages plus  color cover,  BC  has a  good sized tape pull,  light  sub-type  crease FC,  pencil FC,   staples  a  bit rusty with a touch of migration.   Tight,  flat,   white pages.

Asking  $15  SOLD!

1EQSE9E.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Archie 56

Tape along  spine  on FC,   small  piece out  of  BC at upper  staple along with other chips out, some general  wear.  Flat,  good  gloss,  tight  interior,    offwhite - white pages. Couple  water spots here and there.

Asking $25

XGLBZ0F.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Planet Wizard,  by John  Jakes

1969,  Ace.  I believe this to be   a first print.

Jeff Jones  cover, flat  and clean, but  small  split  lower spine  at FC.  Light bumps  at  corners,  glossy, white pages.

Asking $10

bIyEBxf.jpg

MT2Ti95.jpg

Mysterious Stories 2

Last precode issue

Tape along inside  spine  and  inside   FC,  pieces out  FC,   chips  and  small  tears BC.  Good gloss,  tight.  offwhite - white pages

Asking $20  SOLD! by  PM

Zbx2zhR.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Incomplete Enchanter, L Sprague DeCamp,  Fletcher Pratt

Pyramid G530,  first paperback  edition

Touch of  general wear,   still  tight  and glossy  with   white pages.

Asking  $5  SOLD!

rpemuQN.jpg

LXKD4cj.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's one  of the odder  comic  book  items  I've  run across  over the years.

Best Romance 7,   this is the complete  set  of   cover  proof  tearsheets,  all plates and  combinations.

Overall  size  is  13"  wide x  19" tall,  the image is  comic book  size,  and  it's  loosely  bound  together  along  the top edge,. 

All  four  plates  in  monotone,  plus   a  combination of  two,  a  combination of three,  plus the finished  cover,. 

Gotta  be  a  one-of-a-kind  item  for this issue,  if  anyone's interested  I  can  list  two other issues, all by Standard,   all  romance titles.   Got them  out of  an estate
sale  a  few  years  back. 

Take a look  at the pix,   there  are  eight total

Asking  $150

Complete  cover proof

a5gBuSe.jpg

Black plate

KMhccir.jpg

Red plate

7SJDmCB.jpg

Yellow plate

vJku5hW.jpg

Cyan  plate

8jJLIE7.jpg

Cyan and Yellow

PmwrY8E.jpg

Everything  but Black

ncJY5F0.jpg

Last page,   production notes

ZzveaFL.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Ubik,  Philip K. ,  copy  A

Dell #9200,  first  paperback edition,   first print. 

Flat and tight,  glossy,  white pages.   Touch of  shelf  wear. 

Asking  $15

D8BX0KQ.jpg

1DbRe3k.jpg

Rocket's Blast and Comicollector  #35,  1965

Ahh,  the halcyon   days  before  the  advent  of  affordable Xerox,  when  you had to crank  up  the  mimeograph...for  Every.  Single.   Page. 

This   copy  has  held  up   quite  well,   with  a minimum of  fading,   one of the  worse  failings of the ol' mimeo  machine. 

Asking  $25  SOLD!

qXoS4Ce.jpg

Edited by catrick339

18 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Rocket's Blast and Comicollector  #35,  1965

Ahh,  the halcyon   days  before  the  advent  of  affordable Xerox,  when  you had to crank  up  the  mimeograph...for  Every.  Single.   Page. 

This   copy  has  held  up   quite  well,   with  a minimum of  fading,   one of the  worse  failings of the ol' mimeo  machine. 

Asking  $25  for  a  blast  from the past...better than  a half  century's worth.

qXoS4Ce.jpg

:takeit:

The Golden Gate  and Other Stories,    R.A. Lafferty

First  edition, Corroboree  Press, 1982.  Signed  and numbered,  591/1000

Several  B & W  interior   illustrations,  plus four   tipped in color plates.

Gorgeous book,  and that little  smudge/scratch  upper  LH  FC  is  MUCH  less noticeable in hand  than  in the scan.

There'll  be  another title by  Lafferty  coming up later in the scan,   same press,  same  format.

Asking  $35  SOLD!

Uddqg2t.jpg

Y9oSq7A.jpg

KVdIGYL.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Melvin the Monster 5

Spine  roll,   chips  and tears along spine BC, upper  staple  pulled on CF.  Offwhite  pages.

Rough  reader for $5

plyCY5T.jpg

Gray Lensman,  E. E.  "Doc" Smith

Gorgeous  copy  in  a gorgeous   dust jacket. 

First Hardcover Edition,   Gnome Press,   1951.

Doc  Smith  was  the  gent  who   INVENTED   Space  Opera,   and the Lensman  series,   in six  volumes  is  the  pinnacle  of  the genre.
This is  volume  4  of  the six. 

Book  is  clean,  tight,  square,   bone  white pages,   jacket is unclipped,   basically  off the shelf with  a  faint  whiff   of   wear at the corners.
Jacket is in  a protective  cover.

Grab  a  beauty for  $75,   I don't mind  putting this one back on the shelf. 

1bEFs4A.jpg

Any  railroad  fans out there?

Chessie System  wall plate  (modern  reproduction)  on  a  heavy  gauge metal.  Four mounting holes,   still in  the shrinkwrap. Those white lines 
are wrinkles in the wrap. 

Juuuuust  a  hair  too wide  to  fit on the scanner bed. 

FREE  with the NEXT  purchase,  just  claim it!  Decorate that  bare  corner of the ManCave!

awsOQD7.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Aw, Nerts! V1 #2, March 1932

Another    cartoon  humor  magazine,   less  cheesecake  but just as  many  silly  cartoons  and jokes.

The  gag  on  the  front  cover is  pretty  funny....if  you're  familiar  with  an  ad  campaign  from the 30's,  "Quick  Henry,  the  Flit!"  which  was  a  bug  spray.
The only  reason  *I*  know anything about it is because  I  ran  across  a  bunch of  FLIT  advertisements done by Doctor  Seuss.

Well!   That's probably  enough  useless information.

Tape on the spine,    large light water  stain  lower  RH  FC  pulled  lower  staple.

Asking $10

5evvKNX.jpg

Jailbait,  William Bernard

Popular Library G321

Some  general  wear, dogears,  on  a  flat  tight  copy.   Offwhite  pages.

Asking $5  SOLD!

TJGEIBc.jpg

3eAihTj.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Star Spangled War  Stories 87

4th  app.   Mademoiselle Marie

Small  tape  pull  in   logo, small split  and tear  lower  spine,  some  general  wear, light pencil  FC.  Bit of  soiling BC.  Pulled lower  staple  on CF.  Offwhite pages

Nice looking lower  grade for  $30

2yJBfRT.jpg

Edited by catrick339