• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S WEIRD BITS IS CLOSED!
2 2

264 posts in this topic

Fantastic Adventures V13 #9, September 1951

Bit  of  water and rubbing along  lower  edge FC,  and NO,  that's not Santa, in spite of  the season. 

Several tears  and pieces out  LH and  lower  edge BC, small split lower  spine  BC.  Interior is tight,  offwhite pages.

Asking $10

ySM5WnO.jpg

Bill Barnes Air Trails  V6 #5, August 1936

Bedsheet  size

Well,   at  least there's no binder holes.  Piece out  LH  edge FC,  chips upper edge FC,   and  there appear to be glue  repairs along the spine. 
Someone  has kindly   razored  the  top logo  off  another   copy of the same issue,  so you  could  do   a  Frankenstein  repair if you wanted to, lol
Flat  and square,  offwhite pages.

Asking  $10

ZqunvFu.jpg

Ranch Romances V139 #4, June 1947

Half dollar sized piece out LH edge BC, a few other small pieces out. Flat and white, offwhite pages.

Asking  $5 SOLD!

1AIQ3xd.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Startling Stories V15 #3, July 1947

Tape along spine FC,  split upper spine FC  chips lower edge FC.

Henry Kuttner,  Edmond Hamilton, Otto Binder

Asking $5  SOLD!

93UYuG8.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Well,  here you go,  the last of the pulps.

Weird Tales V31 #5,  May 1938

Brundage  cover

H, P. Lovecraft (verse)  Edmond Hamilton, Jack Williamson,   Robert E.  Howard classic  "Pigeons From Hell"

Glue  repairs along spine, otherwise  flat  and  square,   good gloss, tight with cream - offwhite pages.

Grab a pretty copy with a helluva  lineup  for $75  SOLD!

kQwTCmW.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Weird  Tales V36 #6, July 1942

Brundage  cover, August Dereleth, H. P.  Lovecraft

Flat and tight,   RH  edge  trimmed? Cream - offwhite pages,   small  oil or grease stain lower edge,  of magazine,  seeps  in  about   a quarter inch. 

Displays vey nicely,  even with the minor  wear. Spine strip intact.

Asking  $90

DG2cnuR.jpg

:takeit:

G'morning!  

Here's a little treat for you  early  post-holiday  risers,   something to  hold you over while my Beloved and I  go to the first Black Friday  sale  we've
ever bothered to attend:  the local used book  store  has  EVERYTHING IN THE STORE   on  sale with  at least a 25 percent  discount.   

Now THAT'S the  kind of  Black Friday  sale  I  could learn to support.

In the meanwhile,  here's   a  Golden Age rarity  to tide  you over.

Movie Gems  NN,  Cover  Only, 1944.

Here is an example of  a  true  GA  ashcan cover,  bought from our very  own  Moondog,  the  illustrious  Gary  C.  He was thinning the herd  at  WW Chicago
a few years back,  and I felt  that this was the closest I'd ever get to  a true  GA  ashcan. 

Unused  cover  ONLY, and only the FC  has  any  printing at all.  And not only  that,  you  get   Simon and Kirby  Boy Commandos   art.

Folded in half  and  filed  in 1944,  and probably not touched by human hands again until  Gary bought it, There's a light  water stain upper LH FC, 
otherwise   flat clean and  gorgeous. 

$200,  EXTREMELY  FIRM

OKcEcb5.jpg

Edited by catrick339

13 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Well,  here you go,  the last of the pulps.

Weird Tales V31 #5,  May 1938

Brundage  cover

H, P. Lovecraft (verse)  Edmond Hamilton, Jack Williamson,   Robert E.  Howard classic  "Pigeons From Hell"

Glue  repairs along spine, otherwise  flat  and  square,   good gloss, tight with cream - offwhite pages.

Grab a pretty copy with a helluva  lineup  for $75

kQwTCmW.jpg

I’ll take it!

Here's something  to  hold your attention while I  sort some things out

THX 1138

1971, Paperback Library

Novelization  by  Ben  Bova  of the screenplay  by  George Lucas  and  Walter Murch.  And if I recall,  THAT  was  based  on  a student film by  Lucas.

Stated  first printing,  bit of general wear, white pages.

Asking $5  SOLD!

EYFM9oP.jpg

R25gWGB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

4 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Here's something  to  hold your attention while I  sort some things out

THX 1138

1971, Paperback Library

Novelization  by  Ben  Bova  of the screenplay  by  George Lucas  and  Walter Murch.  And if I recall,  THAT  was  based  on  a student film by  Lucas.

Stated  first printing,  bit of general wear, white pages.

Asking $5

EYFM9oP.jpg

R25gWGB.jpg

Take

Well,  that didn't hold you long,  let's try another.

The Complete  Centerfolds,  2007

This book  compiles  every  single  Playboy  centerfold  from  Marilyn Monroe  in   December 1953 through  the  end of 2006. That's it,  just  637 pictures of  beautiful  naked women. 
Measures  6-1/4 x 12-3/4, gorgeous  reproductions, forward  by Hef.

Oh,  and  I  HAVE  wiped  the dog hair off the spine, lol  That stuff gets  everywhere!

I WILL NOT SHIP  THIS BOOK   UNLESS YOU SEND ME  AN AGE  STATEMENT,   TELLING ME YOU ARE 18 OR OVER.

I AM ALSO  LIMITING THIS ITEM  TO  UNITED STATES  SHIPPING ONLY.

Asking $60,  that's  less than a dime  per centerfold,  and shipping will be $15  boxed priority  for this item.  SOLD!

YqO9I2O.jpg

74vNMB3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Okay, I've chopped my  way through  some more underbrush,   up next  is  children's books,  paperbacks,  and one Platinum book.

Zowie! Girl Meets Boy,  Charles Preston  Ed. 

Gold Medal 540

American  gag  cartoon  compilation,   so  no  boobs,  sorry.

Bit of  wear  upper RH  FC,   bit more  along spine BC,   tight  and flat,  good  gloss,  white pages

Asking $10

YzGIeqR.jpg

A3hR5N4.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just Kids, Ad Carter

Hybrid,  BLB and strip reprint,  double wide, featuring  text plus illustration  from the newspaper strip on every page, or an occasional text only page

1934,  Saalfield 1052
Still pretty tight,  cream - offwhite pages.

Asking $15

P0yy5G4.jpg

Edited by catrick339