• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S WEIRD BITS IS CLOSED!
2 2

264 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Space 1999   5

Early John  Byrne art,    both cover and interior.  

Small  corner off lower  RH FC,  and  a couple  folds  though the whole book to boot,  otherwise  flat  and tight,  good  gloss,   white pages.

Asking $5

5RH73Wv.jpg

take + new freebie

Love Novels  Magazine V4 #1, May 1944

Looks  as though  L B Cole  colored it,  lol

Flat and tight,    good  gloss,    offwhite  - white pages,  with  the usual minor tears  and chips

Asking $10 for the garish  cover,   :D  SOLD!

QRILgXi.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Terrytoons Giant Summer Fun Book #101, Summer 1957

Pretty  50's  squarebound book  with  a  pencil name partially  erased upper FC,  quarter  inch tear lower  RH  BC,  touch of general wear.

Flat,  tight spine  and  CF,  square,  glossy,   white pages.

Where else are you going to fine Mighty Mouse,  Heckle and  Jeckle,   Gandy Goose, AND  a  Tom  Terrific  coloring page  all in one package?

Asking $25

JgmqfNx.jpg

Amazing Stories V16 #9. September 1942

Four pieces of old cellophane tape  are holding the BC  in  place,  and that missing piece upper LH  FC  is  still there, just folded under. 
Ditto the missing piece upper RH BC,  also just folded under. Ahh,  but  what about that missing piece  RH edge FC?  Well,  that one's actually missing, lol
Interior is tight,  cream - offwhite pages.

Asking $10

RIT6HFD.jpg

RvS6Tli.jpg

Here you go,   last  listing for the evening. 

Ariel, A Fantasy Magazine  (NN,  first issue)  1976

This format ran  at least four  issues,  I  have 1 2 and 4  on my  bookshelves.

Long  interview with Frank Frazetta with plenty of  reproductions of his art, Rich Corben's  "Den"  in color,   interview with Burne  Hogarth  about
his work  on Tarzan,  more Corben  in  B & W.

An  altogether  satisfying  package,

Flat  and tight,   white pages,  but  shelf  wear  and rubbing,  lower  RH  FC  has  something  like  a small tape pull  taking the finish off.  Interior is sharp, 
clean with white pages.

Oversize,   wouldn't fit on  the scanner bed completely,   will have to ship  boxed Priority.

Asking $15

QX3cQUz.jpg

59 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Journey Into Mystery 92

Small piece out  RH  edge FC,   tape repair inside FC. chip and split  upper spine. And it looks as though someone  laid this one on a bed of fine gravel  and  
ran something  heavy over it,  there  are a WHOLE BUNCH of  teeny tiny  indentations over most of the cover, they may not be visible in the scan.

With that  all said,  it's  a  tight copy with cream - offwhite pages,  and  a perfectly nice  reader that looks good in a mylar. 

Overstreet  G  is over $40,  asking $15 

aGGdeaC.jpg

:takeit:

Looks like today's going  to be  heavy  on  hardcovers,   with  a  bit of  other weird stuff.  Here's one to get us started.

New Stories Of Horror And Suspense, Al Sarrantonio Ed.
Copyright 1999,  Hill House Publishers  and Cemetery  Dance Publications.

This is the   signed  and numbered edition,  limited  to  500...but it's not signed  or numbered.  I'm guessing it  either was a printer's proof,  or  
part  of  a production overrun,  a few extra  copies  made in case  an original  was  marred or ruined somehow.  I've seen  similar publications
and  the   sigs  are  on  separate sheets that are tipped in  after the book  is produced. 

I only found one  of  the  signed copies available  anywhere  online,   a  seller on ABE  Books  had  one for  sale  at $300...with the sigs,  :D

I've had this  for  a while,  and  honestly don't remember how I  came by it.  Good stories throughout. 

Asking  $40 for  a  signed  and numbered  edition that isn't signed  OR  numbered,  lol

0sBSbWv.jpg

iAIyDUd.jpg

sZCGUwo.jpg

No Straight Lines
Four Decades of Queer  Comics, Justin Hall Ed.

Stated  first edition, 2012.  

Mostly b&w,  with  several  sections  in color.   Reprints from   the Underground  era  right up  to  contemporary  with  the production date.
Over 300 pages of  great  comics.

Prices  on  Amazon  and   ABE  are   huge  for this edition,  but  I  got  it  in   a  collection  so  I'm putting it out  at about  a third of the  average.

I WILL  NEED  AN  AGE STATEMENT  TELLING ME YOU ARE  18 OR OVER BEFORE  I  SHIP

Asking $40  SOLD!

G3vmivg.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Now HERE'S  a  weird  bit. 

All  four  printer  plates for  the Classics Illustrated Special Edition, 
The Story  of Jesus.  Three  Camels  edition.

I've  flipped the  images  horizontally,  and  tweaked the contrast and brightness  so  the images  show a bit better. 

BLACK

r5kKwNw.jpg

BLUE

WpDEJp8.jpg

RED

EmgIitG.jpg

YELLOW

pNrsnr1.jpg

These  are solid  copper  and  weigh  a bunch, shipping in boxed Priority.  The vertical  lines  are  from  the scanner,  not the plates

Asking $200

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Eat me Ricky! By the way, great stuff as always at some great prices. That ashcan is really something you never see. I’m still working off that bottle of Jack from turkey day... Sorry everybody Robot Man is a little “oiled” tonight.

42d4d296561a42b4ae7b67a36cb2a6c9.jpg

A friendly dogpile

I'll take this weird bit

20 hours ago, catrick339 said:

It Pays To Suggest! 

1955 giveaway  from  General  Motors,  intended to  educate  their  workforce in how to make suggestions that make the company more profitable. 
I've seen  several  other GM  giveaways over  the years,  all  for educational purposes.

Sixteen  full color pages with a very light pencil  name upper FC. small split upper and lower  spine, tight with offwhite pages,   large light  water upper BC

Asking $5

Please add these Rick Bits as well :takeit:

From page 1
The Incomplete Enchanter, L Sprague DeCamp,  Fletcher Pratt
Pyramid G530,  first paperback  edition
Touch of  general wear,   still  tight  and glossy  with   white pages.
Asking  $5

From page 6
The Weirwoods, Thomas Burnett  Swnn
Ace G-640
Light dogear upper  RH FC,  small discoloration lower  RH  BC.  Flat, tight,  glossy,  white pages.
Asking $5

Edited by Jeffro.