• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S WEIRD BITS IS CLOSED!
2 2

264 posts in this topic

Weird Tales V29 #5, May 1937

Brundage  cover on  a  pretty  decent  copy. Flat  and  tight,   and  I don't  know  enough  about  pulps  to  be  certain,   but 
I suspect  the  RH  edge  has been trimmed back. Supple offwhite pages.

Asking $75

4i72IaB.jpg

Amazing  Stories V24 #12, Decenber 1950

Chipping,  tear  lower  FC,   suspected  RH  edge  trim. Small  split upper   spine BC

Cliff Simak,  John Jakes,  Raymond F  Jones  stories

Asking $10

pX5QVq2.jpg

Joe Palooka Visits  The Lost  City,  one shot  from 1945

Squarebound,   160 pages,  says  so right on the cover!

Spine  slightly  cocked,   otherwise  tight,   glossy,   white  pages.  1"  tear  LH  edge  BC,   a  couple  other teeny  tears BC. 

Here's the bad thing,  and it's  irritating  as  all  git out,   there's  a  panel clipped out of  one page interior. Seller  didn't  advertise it, 
and  I  didn't spot it until   three  months after the fact,  when  I  sat down  to  read it.  GRRRR.   Take a look   at the pic,  see if it 
bothers you enough to  keep  away  from  a  good bargain on an otherwise  pretty  copy. 

Asking  $175,  pretty firm on this one.  Sigh...

nwbCxsJ.jpg

zAhicRT.jpg

xb4NJwT.jpg

Doc Savage 97/98,  Kenneth  Robeson 

I believe this is the first of  the Doc Savage  Doubles,  and it's  a nice one

Flat,  tight,   square,  glossy,   white pages.   Hint of  shelf wear,  otherwise   lovely

Asking  $10

lCOIhZr.jpg

d56GZoM.jpg

Tarzan  and the Lost  Empire,  Edgar  Rice Burroughs

Dell  Mapback  536

Tight and square enough,  but  plenty of  general  wear,   split  lower  spine  BC  with   heavy  dogear,  other minor mayhem.  Offwhite pages.  Only  seen  a couple other  copies

Asking  $10

qrL4DYl.jpg

kyAMydT.jpg

French and Frisky, Rene Goscinny ed. 

Lion Books  99

A few more  cartoon  boobs  in a nice  paperback  compilation from 1956.

Touch of  general  wear,    but  still  glossy  and tight, old owner name  stamped neatly on page one. Cream - offwhite pages

Asking $10

Eulwtxu.jpg

I83BEcC.jpg

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Got any more off the wall Crime and horror pulps before the carnivoris, football, drinking fans descend on my junk shack?

What is this  "football"  of  which  you  speak?  Is this some of that "sports  talk"  I've been  hearing about?

As for pulps,  I'll  take  a  look,  but  most of what I have  is Weird Tales  and  science  fiction.

4 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

What is this  "football"  of  which  you  speak?  Is this some of that "sports  talk"  I've been  hearing about?

As for pulps,  I'll  take  a  look,  but  most of what I have  is Weird Tales  and  science  fiction.

It appears to be a primevil game whereby, a guy reaches into a guy's butt, grabs a ball and proceeds three feet to be jumped on resulting in a beer commercial. How do I know, sports ended for me tragicially in Oct...:sorry:

My beer drinking son in laws seem to love it though...

Edited by Robot Man

Black Book  Detective V15 #1, May 1942

Upper   edge  trimmed?  Otherwise  the usual chipping  and tears. Flat and tight,  good  gloss, offwhite pages

Asking $15  SOLD!

cr93IYk.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Dime Mystery Magazine V37 #1,  June 1948

Killer  cover that  would   do  any  PCH  comic title proud. 

General wear,  chips out,   that  dangling  chad on the RH  edge  has  fallen off.   Good gloss, tight,   cream - offwhite pages.   Most of  the BC
is  discolored,   maybe   it got  laid down  on  something oily?

Asking $40 on the strength of the cover.  SOLD!

GZFIFyj.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Dime Mystery Magazine V37 #1,  June 1948

Killer  cover that  would   do  any  PCH  comic title proud. 

General wear,  chips out,   that  dangling  chad on the RH  edge  has  fallen off.   Good gloss, tight,   cream - offwhite pages.   Most of  the BC
is  discolored,   maybe   it got  laid down  on  something oily?

Asking $40 on the strength of the cover.

GZFIFyj.jpg

take it!