• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sam Kieth's THE MAXX produced by Channing Tatum (TBD)
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Fans of Sam Kieth's The Maxx will be pleased to know that the cult-comic is destined to hit our screens as THR has reported that Channing Tatum and Roy Lee, producer of IT: CHAPTER TWO and DOCTOR SLEEP, have teamed up to produce an adaptation of the series.

Written and illustrated by Sam Kieth, the series followed "the adventures of The Maxx, who appears in both the real world and an alternate reality, the Outback. In the real world, he is a homeless man living in a box but in the Outback, he is a powerful masked being who is the protector of the Jungle Queen. In the real world, the latter is a social worker named Julie Winters who frequently works to help the homeless man, unaware that the alternate reality exists and is exerting a dangerous influence on her life." At this time, it's not known whether or not The Maxx is being developed as a series or a feature, but the producers are currently meeting with writers and filmmakers to find the right take for the project. Channing Tatum will produce via Free Association while Lee will produce via Vertigo Entertainment; Sam Kieth is also onboard as a producer. The Maxx has previously spawned an audio drama as well as a short-lived cartoon series on MTV during the '90s.

Movie or TV show, TBD.

On 5/29/2022 at 3:59 PM, Bosco685 said:

Wanted to remind you

:baiting:

It'd be nice to have a animated series again, maybe a movie

Tatum however, just doesn't give off a positive vibe

I've already accepted the fact that while I have the number one spot on the census, my books will be worth diddly until Sams demise

I really should have chased down the OA, since he seems to be hoarding most of it lol

On 5/29/2022 at 6:04 PM, The Meta said:

It'd be nice to have a animated series again, maybe a movie

Tatum however, just doesn't give off a positive vibe

I've already accepted the fact that while I have the number one spot on the census, my books will be worth diddly until Sams demise

I really should have chased down the OA, since he seems to be hoarding most of it lol

Someone that has become the comic book producing go-to is Seth Rogen. Based on what he has delivered to date, it would be nice to see his involvement. Which I never thought I would say about Seth Rogen.

Seth_Rogen.PNG.a673f70a5219b6202f30da93ab75e7e6.PNG

On 5/29/2022 at 4:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Someone that has become the comic book producing go-to is Seth Rogen. Based on what he has delivered to date, it would be nice to see his involvement. Which I never thought I would say about Seth Rogen.

Seth_Rogen.PNG.a673f70a5219b6202f30da93ab75e7e6.PNG

Definitely not a Seth Rogan fan either, and not speaking of just his acting

But I suppose someone has to do it

On 5/30/2022 at 1:04 AM, The Meta said:

I paid quite the premium on some of the art that he released over the years. I’ll bet the dam will bust at some point and you’ll be able to get his OA at better prices.

On 5/29/2022 at 6:16 PM, ▫️ said:

I paid quite the premium on some of the art that he released over the years. I’ll bet the dam will bust at some point and you’ll be able to get his OA at better prices.

Oh we both know Moy won't allow that....