• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest Signatures in Comics
7 7

190 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mr. Zipper said:

That's the operating theory many share. I don't know who it was, but it certainly wasn't Jack in my opinion.

I'm 93% sure that Roz was doing a lot of the signings in the last 2-3 years, if not more. She was realllly good at it, too.

I'm a little torn. It was Roz, after all...not Joe Blow.

But yeah, you have a valid point. 

Brilliant thread. I'm in awe of what you guys have. Rarest sigs I've got are probably D**k Sprang, John Stanley, Dale Messick, Archie Goodwin - and creators who left us too young, like Dwayne McDuffie and Gene Day. 

Just my experience: John Buscema and Marie Severin rarely seem to come up for sale - feels like people who have signed books by them are holding onto them. 

Edited by eee91

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm 93% sure that Roz was doing a lot of the signings in the last 2-3 years, if not more. She was realllly good at it, too.

+1 She was doing most of it. But it's all clearly identifiable as Roz because Jack wasn't signing in that manner as the end of the line loomed closer (late 80s, 90s). It's a decent secretarial, anachronism aside.

I guess autograph rarity partially depends on personal experience. Growing up in NYC, I used to see and get autographs from some of these perceived "rare" talents at the large NYC shows, such as Bob Kane who even kissed my mom's hand when we met him.  I suspect that 3 of the rarest (if not non-existent) autographs are those of Mac Raboy, Bert Christman, and perhaps Matt Baker.         

18 minutes ago, LearnedHand said:

I guess autograph rarity partially depends on personal experience. Growing up in NYC, I used to see and get autographs from some of these perceived "rare" talents at the large NYC shows, such as Bob Kane who even kissed my mom's hand when we met him.  I suspect that 3 of the rarest (if not non-existent) autographs are those of Mac Raboy, Bert Christman, and perhaps Matt Baker.         

Cool that you were able to have experiences :)

I'm lost when it comes to such lol as most of my personal legends stopped signing seemingly just before I got the hint that time was running out. I was able to get Claremont and of course he's still ongoing, I got Len Wein the year of his passing, but Herb Trimpe and others were beyond my grasp!

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
27 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Or Palpatine 

Or Lightning Lad

Or, just or, anyone with old treasure maps and a dagger! Anyone feeling the Sith Festivus? :banana:

BCEA37E0-B523-4131-9E19-94D698585E1C.jpe

22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool that you were able to have experiences :)

I'm lost when it comes to such lol as most of my personal legends stopped signing seemingly just before I got the hint that time was running out. I was able to get Claremont and of course he's still ongoing, I got Len Wein the year of his passing, but Herb Trimpe and others were beyond my grasp!

I got lucky. Took me two tries to get both...

Won’t ever have it in a SS slab but I don’t care a bit.

B0B90097-85DF-4D15-AA62-43D84615DC1C.jpeg

72B0C06F-1B68-4C51-A80C-56A505BECD70.jpeg