• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help, Canadian customs and taxes.
1 1

59 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, wilbil said:

Now I understand. You don't laugh much. 

I guess not in your view.. oh well.. meh (shrug)

3 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

To me, joke or not, threatening to kick someone out of their country is akin to telling them to ''go back where they came from''. Unacceptable.

This thread was never about not paying duties or taxes, it was about whether PST applied to comic books or not. I will gladly pay whatever I owe as long as it's warranted.

I wonder if it is possible that you did not see the xoxoxo in the post. It is not my business, but that post did not come across to me as any bit of a threat, or kicking someone out. I interpreted it as humor. 

1 minute ago, wilbil said:

I wonder if it is possible that you did not see the xoxoxo in the post. It is not my business, but that post did not come across to me as any bit of a threat, or kicking someone out. I interpreted it as humor. 

Anyway...

Man, those Montreal Canadians can't buy a win these days, huh?

1 hour ago, dikran1 said:

Um, Is that a slam of my ethnicity? I was born here, raised here, educated here, opened my business here and pay every cent of tax I owe. So don't go making comments about people you know nothing about!!! I don't care how many ''awards'' have been bestowed upon your royal head! That comment is unwarranted and unnecessary in every way! 

I'm guessing it's tax auditor humor. My husband was a tax auditor at one time, he and Greg always seem to get along well;)  they understand their own code.

Also, I will make him blush and admit he's one of the kindest people here. Further more, you should ask him about his background, I doubt very much that he was saying anything meant to be mean just his usual bone dry quips.

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm guessing it's tax auditor humor. My husband was a tax auditor at one time, he and Greg always seem to get along well;)  they understand their own code.

Also, I will make him blush and admit he's one of the kindest people here. Further more, you should ask him about his background, I doubt very much that he was saying anything meant to be mean just his usual bone dry quips.

Well then if anyone should know if comics are subject to PST, it's him, no need for all the other bullpoop.

3 hours ago, dikran1 said:

Um, Is that a slam of my ethnicity? I was born here, raised here, educated here, opened my business here and pay every cent of tax I owe. So don't go making comments about people you know nothing about!!! I don't care how many ''awards'' have been bestowed upon your royal head! That comment is unwarranted and unnecessary in every way! 

I would tell on him if I were you 2c

3 hours ago, dikran1 said:

To me, joke or not, threatening to kick someone out of their country is akin to telling them to ''go back where they came from''. Unacceptable.

This thread was never about not paying duties or taxes, it was about whether PST applied to comic books or not. I will gladly pay whatever I owe as long as it's warranted.

Take a deep breath and relax 2c

4 hours ago, dikran1 said:

What's your ethnicity? How would anyone know? My guess is that greggy is not going off on an anti Asian rant.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

What's your ethnicity? How would anyone know? My guess is that greggy is not going off on an anti Asian rant.

Maybe if they are Koreans :p