• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

** Discounts Added ** Instant Collection! High-Grade raw Copper Age DC runs
4 4

55 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of high-grade modern Batman and Batman-related comics (some 1980s, mostly 1990s) that I'm looking to sell off.  Having graded and consigned the two key books from the collection (see next post below), I am also selling raw runs of the following titles:

• Azrael
  • Batgirl SOLD
  • Batman
  • Batman:  Gotham Knights SOLD
  • Batman:  Legends of the Dark Knight
  • Batman:  Shadow of the Bat
  • Batman Adventures
  • Batman & Robin Adventures SOLD
  • Batman Chronicles
  • Catwoman (1993) SOLD
  • Catwoman (2002) SOLD
  • Detective Comics
  • Nightwing (1996) SOLD
  • Robin (1993)

UPDATE 7/18/20:  Please see the bottom of page 2 of this thread for additional DC sets, and the top of page 3 for one-shots and individual issues for sale!

UPDATE 8/1/20:  Now offering some special deals to help move these books:

• Spend $50 or more and get $10 in free books (your choice).
  • Spend $100 or more and 10% off, PLUS $10 in free books (your choice).

As for condition:  All of these books were purchased new, read once, carefully bagged and boarded, and stored in a clean, cool, dry, smoke-free environment for the last 20+ years.  I won't insult your intelligence by saying they are ** MINT !! ** but I will say I've taken very good care of them, and I don't think you'll be disappointed.  So, generally these will come back anywhere from 9.0 to 9.8 if anyone were ever to slab them.  The two keys you see below should be a good indication -- I certainly wanted to hit a home run on both, but I ended up with a homer and a single.  (shrug)

Before we get to the books themselves, here's the fine print:

• I'm only interested in selling entire runs -- no cherry-picking please.
  • Shipping is not included in the listed prices, and will depend on your location and the number of books being bought.  I promise to work with you on a shipping method that you're comfortable with price-wise.  I will always pack the books very carefully and provide a tracking number if available with your chosen shipping method.
  • Happy to entertain offers, but :takeit: in the thread always wins.  If we work something out in PM, I will ask you to post to the thread -- as long as nobody beats you to the punch with a commitment at my asking price, the books are yours.
  • Accepted payment methods are personal check, bank check, money order, ACH/bank wire, or Zelle.  Payment is due within 5 business days, or I reserve the right to cancel.
  • Any sale is final, no returns.

Also, if you're curious you can find my feedback thread here:

Thanks for looking and please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions!

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Next we have Batman Adventures #1-11, 13-36, and Annuals #1 and 2.

1120467835_BatmanAdventuresSet.thumb.jpg.79120097ec91a49bff1c85dcb22f4956.jpg

As you can see above, I have removed #12 from the run and submitted it to CGC.  But with this set you will get two copies of #7, one still in the polybag and one that's been removed (still with the trading card that came with it).

Based on what I've seen for recent eBay sales on individual issues, assembling this set would cost around $225+ and a lot of time.  I'm asking for $150 to get it done in one shot.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Next we have a Nightwing set that includes:

• Nightwing (1995 Mini-Series) #1-4
  • Nightwing (1996) #1-147
  • Nightwing (1996) #1,000,000
  • Nightwing (1996) Annual #1, 2
  • Nightwing:  Alfred's Return #1
  • Nightwing:  Our Worlds at War #1
  • Nightwing:  The Target #1
  • Nightwing 80-Page Giant #1
  • Nightwing and Huntress #1-4

SOLD!  (thumbsu

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Last in the list for tonight:  a Robin set that includes all of the following books:

• Robin (1991 Limited Series) #1-5
  • Robin (1993) #1-177
  • Robin (1993) #0
  • Robin (1993) #1,000,000
  • Robin (1993) Annual #1-7
  • Robin:  Year One #1-4
  • Robin II:  The Joker's Wild! #1 (x5), 2 (x4), 3 (x3), 4 (x2)
  • Robin III:  Cry of the Huntress #1 (x2), 2 (x2), 3 (x2), 4 (x2), 5 (x2), 6 (x2)
  • Robin 80-Page Giant #1
  • Robin 3000 #1, 2

The Robin II and Robin III sets are both complete.  I forget what specifically is different about the duplicates of each issue, but this was the height of 1990s comic gimmickry.  The photo should help a bit but I can take a closer look if you need me to.

338680054_RobinSet.thumb.jpg.037d5517a22510e10c14d97311f8cce2.jpg

For this set of 224 books, I'm asking $200.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Now up for sale is a Batman lot that includes:

• Batman #375-679
  • Batman #0
  • Batman #1,000,000
  • Batman Annual #11-26

1340186133_BatmanSet.thumb.jpg.60f94a8ab5cd3fda026aa44c0db8ca75.jpg

I started buying new issues of this title in 1992, so everything starting from that point is firmly in the "read once and stored carefully" category.  These books are generally going to be 9.4-9.8, though I can't rule out the possibility of a small handful being slightly worse.

The issues before 1992 were carefully chosen out of the back issue bins.  I just took a look at them (without removing them from the bags), and in general you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference in quality.  I would imagine that I'm the original owner of the vast majority, i.e. most of these books were never sold by the LCS until I grabbed them.  The most common defects I can see through the plastic would be faint (non-color-breaking) spine ticks, which is what you'd expect.  I wouldn't be surprised if most of the pre-1992 books are 9.4+, but I'm sure there will be some in the 8.0-9.0 range.

In total, this lot includes 323 books.  I'm asking $1,100, which comes out to about $3.40 per book.  This is a fantastic way to assemble an instant Copper Age Batman collection!

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

And lastly we have the following lot of Detective Comics:

• Detective Comics #327 (Silver Age Classics reprint)
  • Detective Comics #540-847
  • Detective Comics #0
  • Detective Comics #1,000,000
  • Detective Comics Annual #1-10

666108446_DetectiveComicsSet.thumb.jpg.e43070f02b94cd8ec2fa7c08834231cc.jpg

To repeat what I said about Batman (above), I started buying new issues of this title in 1992, so everything starting from that point is firmly in the "read once and stored carefully" category.  These books are generally going to be 9.4-9.8, though I can't rule out the possibility of a small handful being slightly worse.

The issues before 1992 were carefully chosen out of the back issue bins.  I just took a look at them (without removing them from the bags), and in general you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference in quality.  I would imagine that I'm the original owner of the vast majority, i.e. most of these books were never sold by the LCS until I grabbed them.  The most common defects I can see through the plastic would be faint (non-color-breaking) spine ticks, which is what you'd expect.  I wouldn't be surprised if most of the pre-1992 books are 9.4+, but I'm sure there will be some in the 8.0-9.0 range.

In total, this lot includes 320 books.  I'm asking $1,200, which comes out to $3.75 per book for an instant Copper Age Detective Comics collection.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14