• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many engineers do we have here?

116 posts in this topic

I will be attending Colorado State University to finishing my Engineering degree hopefully. I quit after getting an associates a 2 years ago due to financial reasons and then never bothered going back, but now the job is covering it so I have no excuse left. Going for Electrical Engineering btw.

There are jobs with high starting salaries waiting for you in Alaska.

I was told to apply for a six figure job in Barrow after I finished my Avionics degree smirk.gif I was just not too keen on the idea of 2 weeks of sunshine followed by 2 weeks of darkness

A Barrow (full time job) would take some getting used to. I wouldn't want to live up there full time.

A North Slope Job with one of the Oil companies 2 on 2 off is more the way to go if you're single. If you're married, it's a tough haul.

I need to become an engineer 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I passed mine a few years ago. If you're taking the water resources exam, make sure to study plenty of environmental engineering. Most questions will deal with both hydraulics and environmental issues. Plus, make sure to take the latest Lindeberg edition book (I believe the 9th) with you to the exam. It's a lot of help if you're trying to find sample examples or formulas.

Thanks for the advice!

I do have the latest Lindebrg (it is the 9th) right by my side at the moment - where it's been for the past month - 27_laughing.gif

I will be taking the structural depth exam in the PM, though.

two and a half months to go......

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Structural!! Oh no, don't tell me you have the SE exam to look forward to. frustrated.gif

Just found out today I passed the PE exam.

Maybe time for the dancing banana..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I passed mine a few years ago. If you're taking the water resources exam, make sure to study plenty of environmental engineering. Most questions will deal with both hydraulics and environmental issues. Plus, make sure to take the latest Lindeberg edition book (I believe the 9th) with you to the exam. It's a lot of help if you're trying to find sample examples or formulas.

Thanks for the advice!

I do have the latest Lindebrg (it is the 9th) right by my side at the moment - where it's been for the past month - 27_laughing.gif

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Structural!! Oh no, don't tell me you have the SE exam to look forward to. frustrated.gif

No maybes about it......

Congrats, and welcome to the club!!!!!!!!!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks for the advice!

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Structural!! Oh no, don't tell me you have the SE exam to look forward

to. frustrated.gif

No maybes about it......

I'll raise you some bananas flowerred.gifcongrats. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks for the advice!

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Congrats. I still need a few more years experience before i can take it though. 893censored-thumb.gif

On a different note, I gave my notice at work on Monday.

I will no longer be known as

Associate Vice President, Structural Department Manager for a Native Corporation

and will now be known as

Structural Engineering Technical Authority, BP Alaska yay.gif

I'll be spending less time on the boards.....but new challenges are always good. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the advice!

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Structural!! Oh no, don't tell me you have the SE exam to look forward

to. frustrated.gif

No maybes about it......

I'll raise you some bananas flowerred.gifcongrats. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks guys! flowerred.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Ah, the Circle of Life.

You grab it...process it...and ship it to the lower 48 states....and when some dumb high school drop out ignores the alarm at a gas station.....I grab it...process it...and ship it back to BP. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Ah, the Circle of Life.

You grab it...process it...and ship it to the lower 48 states....and when some dumb high school drop out ignores the alarm at a gas station.....I grab it...process it...and ship it back to BP. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Ah, the Circle of Life.

27_laughing.gif
confused.gif

I passed mine a few years ago. If you're taking the water resources exam, make yay.gifsure to study plenty of environmental engineering. Most questions will deal with both hydraulics and environmental issues. Plus, make sure to take the latest Lindeberg edition book (I believe the 9th) with you to the exam. It's a lot of help if you're trying to find sample examples or formulas.

Thanks for the advice!

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

Associate Vice President, Structural Department Manager for a Native Corporation

and will now be known as

I'll be spending less time on the boards.....but new challenges are always good. thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations Collin! headbang.gif

and will now be known as

Even though I have given you congrats when you originally told me this. Congrats again my friend flowerred.gif

I graduated this past June with a BS and MS in Computer Engineering. I graduated in the top 10 of my class. I was an IC designer for the past few months. Thinking of switching to network administration for the job security. The U.S. job market is not kind to new graduates in engineering disciplines. frown.gif

-Issa

Not quite engineering but I'm going to be graduating as a Draftsman in August.

893applaud-thumb.gif

The design industry can't exist without draftsman. thumbsup2.gif

Hopefully there will be employers knocking down your door.

A good draftsman is always in demand.