• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM rough Avengers 4 *Grade is in*

16 posts in this topic

I would say its a 3.0 its really rough for a 4.0 and piece missing out of top corner I have a 3.0 ASM 14 with a taped piece out of top like this one and no spine roll and just wear.

This book also has 2 large CB crease on BC. a press could maybe get it a 3.5 if it fixes all those bends and crease and spine roll. but as its I would say 3.0 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, The Lions Den said:

Quite a few color breaking creases, plus the missing corner piece and other general wear. If you're having it pressed, you may be able to get it to a 4.0, but for me, this is hovering around a 3.5...

+1.  With that deep subscription crease as well as the other defects, yes, more around the 3.5 range technically then the solid 4.0 range. .What it does have going for it that transcends most 3.,5s are clean edges. No Marvel chips, aside from the top right corner pc. out, so dependent upon the order of the day, 4.0 might very well fit the bill at CGC, could go either way though I agree with Lion that 3.5 is the technical grade.

Edited by James J Johnson

14 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

I am between 3.5 to 4.0 as well on a nice-presenting example of a mega-key! (thumbsu

It does present nicely for a lower grade book, and if it does grade 3.5, this is exacty the type of book, one with more eye appeal than the technical CGC grade suggests, that will cause an eyelid to raise when viewing GP charts, "How come this 3.5 sold for more than a 4.5? Shilling?" if you're only going by the charts without seeing the books you're comparing on those charts. Could be the 4.5 that doesn't sell for as much looks like the right edge was cut with a saw, severe chips on every edge, or some other grievous defect that would severely impact the eye appeal without necessarily reducing the CGC technical grade. If  3.5, this is the type of book, one with the eye appeal of a book a full grade or more better, than could easily surpass the last recorded sale of a recently sold 4.5..