• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Death and Return of Superman Merch, Cards, Posters and Promos
4 4

101 posts in this topic

Just the two comics for me. I sold the in between issues. I kept the two because of nostalgia as I remember the comic shop which is either closed or at another location. And I remember waiting in a line in the morning when it was starting to snow for that Death of Superman issue and a reading copy. That was the only time I've ever waited for a comic. And it wasn't because I was a Superman collector, I just wanted to read the story and see how Superman would return. I was only into the Superman shows before then. Stuff like the movies, old TV show, and a few cartoons.

Sort of Reign of the Superman merch (even though I think this came out years later) but I just finished a hat set I was trying to finish with the Cyborg Superman Face hat by New Era. I found the Darkseid several years ago, and then the Doomsday. I had been looking for the Cyborg Superman hat for several years and actually gave up on it. A couple weeks ago I was looking for something else and it came up in my search.  Size 7, which is a little small, but I don’t wear them anyway and beggars can’t be choosers...

C3188829-79AF-4BF9-A875-2C71FCFC77E8.thumb.jpeg.83d9cf7d8608a528616fd95819bf858c.jpeg

Edited by Iconic1s

18 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Sort of Reign of the Superman merch (even though I think this came out years later) but I just finished a hat set I was trying to finish with the Cyborg Superman Face hat by New Era. I found the Darkseid several years ago, and then the Doomsday. I had been looking for the Cyborg Superman hat for several years and actually gave up on it. A couple weeks ago I was looking for something else and it came up in my search.  Size 7, which is a little small, but I don’t wear them anyway and beggars can’t be choosers...

C3188829-79AF-4BF9-A875-2C71FCFC77E8.thumb.jpeg.83d9cf7d8608a528616fd95819bf858c.jpeg

Those are cool!

1 hour ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

@Iconic1s I’ve been searching eBay, it’s past time I found all the skybox chase cards from Doomsday and the Return of Superman. :wishluck:

Absolutely!  You can get them pretty fairly priced. I dare you to get at least one unopened box of each and open them for the fun of it too!  Get a chase card or two the old fashioned way :baiting:

P.S. don’t forget about the uncut chase cards too!

Edited by Iconic1s

1 hour ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

@Iconic1s I’ve been searching eBay, it’s past time I found all the skybox chase cards from Doomsday and the Return of Superman. :wishluck:

19 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Absolutely!  You can get them pretty fairly priced. I dare you to get at least one unopened box of each and open them for the fun of it too!  Get a chase card or two the old fashioned way :baiting:

This is how you fall down the rabbit hole..tenor-1.gif.b33030e29d871a451c34028bdc9da714.gif

1 hour ago, Iconic1s said:

You know me so well!

6135ACEA-E404-4FD6-8866-337E0E297165.thumb.jpeg.c53981ce64fab8c43bdbe80f4edc6a68.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

@onlyweaknesskryptonite I’ve been waiting for you to show up!

Yeah.. I was debating on what all to drop on here. There have to be literally thousands of items they made for the Doomsday Death of Superman / Return / Reign. From the watches, figures, statues, bookends, games, audio books, cards, clothes, posters, promo items( pins,buttons,ads) then all the in store displays, etc. There is way too much to pictures and show it all. 

26 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20201108_204324.thumb.jpg.2923e0896c04d4dff2ae38c02fc56fd9.jpg

This is pretty wild!!  I guess the Milestone set came out around the same time.  Surprised they didn’t print ‘The One True Superman’ card with this instead but I suppose they would have been in much lower numbers.  Really cool piece!

Edited by Iconic1s
Not redemption card, the redeemed card.

19 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

This is pretty wild!!  I guess the Milestone set came out around the same time.  Surprised they didn’t print ‘The One True Superman’ card with this instead but I suppose they would have been in much lower numbers.  Really cool piece!

Yeah. Took me forever to track down this sheet. LONG TIME AGO . When I was tracking down cards to complete most of my DC card sets I used many different card websites.  One of the main ones was NSU Card talk. There I originally went by thoughtofyou13times, but later changed my id to onlyweaknesskryptonite, but was looking for any of the rarest promos, inserts, and uncut sheets.  This was one of the last ones that I had heard about , but never saw. Until I managed to find someone who worked for skybox and they helped connect me with someone who had just this one... You are correct.  The One True Superman mail away card was printed later to satisfy the redemption cards received,  which as you said there were less printed.  This is one of the few cards I have not found in an uncut sheet.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite