• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Basil Wolverton biography "Brain Bats of Venus" now on sale
1 1

15 posts in this topic

As I pointed out in the other thread, this is a very impressive, oversized book with lots of art and an in depth retrospective of Basil Wolverton’s life from 1942-52.  In fact, there’s more information provided in this second volume covering just ten years of BW’s life in comics than in many lifetime biographical books regardless of the subject (no exaggeration, ...this is like the War and Peace of GA artist bios).  If you like Wolverton’s art and reading well researched biographies you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.  (thumbsu

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

If you’re still on the fence about Brain Bats, it’s time to hop down and open your wallet.  ...Hey, it won’t hurt that much.

Rarely, when purchasing new books or comics these days do readers feel they’re getting their money’s worth.  THIS is the rare exception.  If you appreciate Basil Wolverton’s illustrative talents, you’ll definitely want a copy ...and trust me on this, you won’t be disappointed.  What more can anyone say in praising this meticulously researched book's merits that haven’t already been stated? 

I have NO affiliation with Greg or the publisher, but as a fan of the genre, I firmly believe in enthusiastically supporting these well researched projects that appeal to our demographic, no joke, I’ve seen $100+ books on GA topics offering far less information.

Seriously, based on the effort here, Greg should be nominated for major achievement awards in this field. (thumbsu

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
fixed typos.