• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has this slab been tampered with ?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Is it possible to get a 8.5 grade with a corner crease ear flap like this one?

Look at this comic. Do you think it was damaged in the slab or the slab was tampered with ?

Thanks for you help, I don't want to get scammed.

I added pics of another comic as well from the same seller. Was CGC less strict back then when grading?

Can the god fathers of grading on this forum tell me if there is a scam here or aret the comics legit?

Thanks !

cap100_1.JPG

cap100_2.JPG

cap100_3.JPG

cap100_4.JPG

avengers48_1.JPG

avengers48_2.JPG

avengers48_3.JPG

avengers48_4.JPG

Edited by migmtl76

11 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Hi guys,

Is it possible to get a 8.5 grade with a corner crease ear flap like this one?

Look at this comic. Do you think it was damaged in the slab or the slab was tampered with ?

Thanks for you help, I don't want to get scammed.

I added pics of another comic as well from the same seller. Was CGC less strict back then when grading?

Can the god fathers of grading on this forum tell me if there is a scam here or aret the comics legit?

Thanks !

The gray grade labels were a seemingly 'loose' period of grading.

in my opinion I dont think the slab has been tampered with the tell tale signs is to see stress on the seals or corners this slab I believe has 4 corner posts unless one post is broken or cracked then I would safely say it hasn't been tampered with unless some con artist has figured out a way to steal cases from CGC and be able to weld them together with whatever expensive machine it takes to weld the cases shut.. 

so I think your good as for the grade I might have been a 'gift' grade.. if you re holder you should be ok. 

4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

in my opinion I dont think the slab has been tampered with the tell tale signs is to see stress on the seals or corners this slab I believe has 4 corner posts unless one post is broken or cracked then I would safely say it hasn't been tampered with unless some con artist has figured out a way to steal cases from CGC and be able to weld them together with whatever expensive machine it takes to weld the cases shut.. 

so I think your good as for the grade I might have been a 'gift' grade.. if you re holder you should be ok. 

Sonic welding machines are well into the 5-figure range.

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Sonic welding machines are well into the 5-figure range.

hmmm.. I wonder, how do you know this.... hmhm... dun.. dun... dunnnnn!!!!

:roflmao:

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Automotive thermal/acoustical solutions. Those applications are much more expensive (6-figures). Doesn't stop some dingus from quoting plastic-welding benches.

aww you ruined my joke.. lol 

what is automotive thermal/acoustical solutions is this car stereo's? like subs and amps? but the thermal part is throwing me off.. I am guessing maybe engine designing? 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

aww you ruined my joke.. lol 

what is automotive thermal/acoustical solutions is this car stereo's? like subs and amps? but the thermal part is throwing me off.. I am guessing maybe engine designing? 

Fiber, fiberglass, and composite acoustical shields and metal/fiberglass/composite heat shields. Basically most of the stuff that keeps noise out of the cabin and prevents heat from damaging sensitive/exposed components. Things like wheel liners that keep the snow stuck between your tires and engine compartment in the winter, and metal under-engine shields, that prevent rocks from spitting up into said engine compartment...

There are different flaws on the 8.5 and 9.2.... hence the difference in grade....

I don't believe the slab was tampered with, nor do I think CGC has ever been "so lax in grading to call an 8.5 a 9.2 or vice versa"...

Hope that helps :foryou: