• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-attaching a word balloon?

4 posts in this topic

I've got a nice somewhat recent page that I recently bought off ebay and one of the word balloons is lifting a little. I was wondering how I should go about re-attaching this.

I'd rather not muck the page up because it cost me nearly 300.00 CAD but I've been entertaining the thought of having it framed and would hate for the balloon to lift while framed and I can't get at it to push it back down.

It looks like the entire balloon was lettered on sticky paper and cut out to attach to the page. It keeps lifting and I keep pushing it down and then inevitably a couple days later I'll notice that it has lifted again.

It's a very small balloon too if that makes a difference. I was thinking of using a glue stick and just adding a small dab to the balloon itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I've got a nice somewhat recent page that I recently bought off ebay and one of the word balloons is lifting a little. I was wondering how I should go about re-attaching this.

I'd rather not muck the page up because it cost me nearly 300.00 CAD but I've been entertaining the thought of having it framed and would hate for the balloon to lift while framed and I can't get at it to push it back down.

It looks like the entire balloon was lettered on sticky paper and cut out to attach to the page. It keeps lifting and I keep pushing it down and then inevitably a couple days later I'll notice that it has lifted again.

It's a very small balloon too if that makes a difference. I was thinking of using a glue stick and just adding a small dab to the balloon itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Don't use Elmer's Glue -- it is not an archival quality adhesive because it may become embrittled with age and it is not easily reversible once dried. Use an archival neutral pH adhesive, such as the one made by Lineco. You can buy it here:

Link to Lineco Neutral pH Adhesive

Thanks! I'll try to locate some of that at some local art shops before ordering it online but I'm glad you mentioned that because I was going to use a small dab of Elmer's this weekend.