• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Hulk 102...

28 posts in this topic

I bought this from Moondog at the Chicago con. He didn't have it graded out, and we didn't really discuss it. I bought it because it was a beautiful copy and because he gave me a great price on it. Here is the kicker. There is a small waterspot on the back cover, and another on the front. Both of them are about 1/2" x 1" and on the bottom edges. They don't go through to the interior. The one on the back is somewhat visible from the scan, but the one on the front is impossible to see unless you look at it in raking light. Only a small part of the FC stain can be seen along the bottom edge. Curious to know everyone's opinions....

hulk102.jpg

hulk102bk.jpg

The book looks great. Be happy.

I wouldn't send it in with the water stain as CGC will probably kill the book (maybe between FN to VF at best).

Yeah, I have no intention of sending it in (I don't submit books anyway). I think CGC is too tough on small defects like this, especially when you consider how lenient they are on miswraps and production flaws. Personally, I don't understand how a book with a hideous diagonal miswrap can get a 9.8+, but a book with an almost invisible stain would get hammered down to an 9.0 or below. screwy.gif In any case, I love the book and I doubt it will ever leave my collection.

The book looks great. Be happy.

I wouldn't send it in with the water stain as CGC will probably kill the book (maybe between FN to VF at best).

Yeah, I have no intention of sending it in (I don't submit books anyway). I think CGC is too tough on small defects like this, especially when you consider how lenient they are on miswraps and production flaws. Personally, I don't understand how a book with a hideous diagonal miswrap can get a 9.8+, but a book with an almost invisible stain would get hammered down to an 9.0 or below. screwy.gif In any case, I love the book and I doubt it will ever leave my collection.

thumbsup2.gif

A true collecter. Enjoy it OF, it's a beauty much nicer than mine. Mine's graded and I can't read it anymore and I only got a ... oh I better not say as too many people never forget anything and I may someday host a contest.

I bought this from Moondog at the Chicago con. He didn't have it graded out, and we didn't really discuss it. I bought it because it was a beautiful copy and because he gave me a great price on it. Here is the kicker. There is a small waterspot on the back cover, and another on the front. Both of them are about 1/2" x 1" and on the bottom edges. They don't go through to the interior. The one on the back is somewhat visible from the scan, but the one on the front is impossible to see unless you look at it in raking light. Only a small part of the FC stain can be seen along the bottom edge. Curious to know everyone's opinions....

I think you should press out the water stain and you'll have a 9.8. yay.gif

I think you should press out the water stain and you'll have a 9.8. yay.gif

It's between two huge books as we speak! That should cure those pesky moisture spots! 893applaud-thumb.gif

6.5 due to H2O

Harsh. 893whatthe.gif

The truth sometimes hurts... crazy.gif

Truth is subjective, just like grading. wink.gif

But CGC is consistant when it comes to downgrading for stains... frown.gif

6.5 due to H2O

Harsh. 893whatthe.gif

The truth sometimes hurts... crazy.gif

Truth is subjective, just like grading. wink.gif

But CGC is consistant when it comes to downgrading for stains... frown.gif

Sad but true. frown.gif Then again, I wasn't going to sub it anyway! smile.gif