• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for reputable

9 posts in this topic

I inherited a fair sized collection of comic books from the 80s, and 90s. There are a couple that are older than that. I'm roughly 20 miles east of East St. Louis,  and wonder if there are any shops nearby that have an honest reputation,  that may be willing to buy the entire collection. According to my research online, these are worth about $1,200 or more. They may even be worth double that because, all except for one, are in pristine condition.

15 hours ago, NathanE1975 said:

I inherited a fair sized collection of comic books from the 80s, and 90s. There are a couple that are older than that. I'm roughly 20 miles east of East St. Louis,  and wonder if there are any shops nearby that have an honest reputation,  that may be willing to buy the entire collection. According to my research online, these are worth about $1,200 or more. They may even be worth double that because, all except for one, are in pristine condition.

This is the wrong topic for this but if you can post pics of the best ones or send a list of what comics u have that can help

yeah wrong sub forum.. but the advice you will probably get is that if the collection is worth 1200$ if you sell at a LCS they wont be paying near that 1200$ there are other venues to sell at such as eBay, on this site, etc.. but depends a lot on the amount of work, research and financial needs you have. 

I would figure out what you want to do if you want to quickly sell the entire collection in one go then a dealer or LCS might be the best you might get a few hundred.. or you can piece it out and sell it individually and get more for it.

Best of luck. 

Seriously, guys?  Five different boardies willing to chide the single-post newcomer for posting in the wrong forum, but not a single person willing to direct him to the correct forum?  Sad.  Really, really sad.  :facepalm:  Nathan, you'll have a better response if you re-post your inquiry in the Newbie Comic Collecting Questions forum or the Comics General forum.  Good luck.  :foryou:

Edited by zzutak

13 hours ago, zzutak said:

Seriously, guys?  Five different boardies willing to chide the single-post newcomer for posting in the wrong forum, but not a single person willing to direct him to the correct forum?

F:censored: yeah! That's what the CGC Boards are all about, baby!

14 hours ago, zzutak said:

Seriously, guys?  Five different boardies willing to chide the single-post newcomer for posting in the wrong forum, but not a single person willing to direct him to the correct forum?  Sad.  Really, really sad.  :facepalm:  Nathan, you'll have a better response if you re-post your inquiry in the Newbie Comic Collecting Questions forum or the Comics General forum.  Good luck.  :foryou:

hmm.. yeah but I did answer his question and give some ok advice... so not all was lost... or was it.. :sorry: