• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Issues
8 8

413 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I got the e-mail, logged in fine, but as soon as I try to look up a price, I'm told I need to login again.

I have this issue as well. Reset my password 2x... after I'm logged in successfully, as soon as I attempt to look at an issue... I'm kicked off and asked to sign in again. I can access it on my phone however with no issues.

BTW... I have been beta testing the new GPA for 3-4 months and its absolutely fantastic! Everyone will love it after they play around and get used to the new interface and expanded tools. It's especially more useful on mobile compared to the app. Like many, I used to just use the full website instead... this update eliminates all the scrolling and such you used to have to do with the full site on mobile. I also love the quicker access to other issues in a title. Well done George! :headbang:

3 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

I have this issue as well. Reset my password 2x... after I'm logged in successfully, as soon as I attempt to look at an issue... I'm kicked off and asked to sign in again. I can access it on my phone however with no issues.

BTW... I have been beta testing the new GPA for 3-4 months and its absolutely fantastic! Everyone will love it after they play around and get used to the new interface and expanded tools. It's especially more useful on mobile compared to the app. Like many, I used to just use the full website instead... this update eliminates all the scrolling and such you used to have to do with the full site on mobile. I also love the quicker access to other issues in a title. Well done George! :headbang:

Fix the problems, Bruce

Yeah I sort of agree with Greggy on this.  It is great that the website worked very well in Beta but frankly not everybody uses their phone.  Shouldn't George be answering why the system doesn't recognize existing user id/passwords?  How robust was the testing that people are getting blown out right away?  

6 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Yeah I sort of agree with Greggy on this.  It is great that the website worked very well in Beta but frankly not everybody uses their phone.  Shouldn't George be answering why the system doesn't recognize existing user id/passwords?  How robust was the testing that people are getting blown out right away?  

Plus the new website doesn't appear to be encrypted at the moment.  ???

Just now, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Having worked on a number of web sites in my career, including multiple web sites in the comic book biz, I have a lot of sympathy for the little things that can trip up the rollout of a major site upgrade, especially for a small business.  We've all become accustomed to a very high standard in our web (and mobile) experience, perhaps not always realizing that the standard is set by organizations with millions of dollars to spend on their IT budget.  So I will just humbly suggest patience.

Speaking for myself, I was unable to log in last night and hand to attempt a password reset three times.  Along the way I exchanged messages with George and he could not have been more helpful and accommodating.  I was able to get in at last, and I think he and his team should be commended for making such a significant investment in bringing their user experience to the next level.  Here's hoping that it won't be long before everyone has gotten through the bumps.

Well said @Sweet Lou 14

Just a thought... those of us with either desktop and/or mobile access currently can offer to help anyone in dire straights for data.

I'm working here at home, but will be glad to try and help anyone in need of data now... in this thread or by PM. Hopefully others can too.

31 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

Clear your cookies and log back in. That may fix this problem.

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

Clear your cookies and log back in. That may fix this problem.

Thanks for the advice. I tried that, but just GPAs cookies as I don't want to clear all my site data. That didn't work. I also deleted my saved username and password and re-saved them. That didn't help either.

Do I need to reboot too you think?

30 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

Thanks for the advice. I tried that, but just GPAs cookies as I don't want to clear all my site data. That didn't work. I also deleted my saved username and password and re-saved them. That didn't help either.

Do I need to reboot too you think?

UPDATE.. after clearing my (specific, not all) GPA cookies.... deleting my saved username & password and re-saving it... then re-booting... NOW, MY NEW GPA is working on my desktop too.

In my case, it seems to have been a local issue with my computer and shortcuts, etc... not GPA.

Thanks again @Badger

Edited by BronzeBruce13

6 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

cleared my GPA cookie, but get the old site saying its under construction

If you are getting the old site you may be using a Favorite or letting autocomplete fill in the site. Open up a new browser window and manually type in www.gpacomics.com. Make sure autocomplete adds nothing after your typing.

If this does not work, try a different browser. If it works in the different browser then it is something going on with your old browser. If it does not work, then there is a chance its with your account.

I was using the link on the email announcing the new site.   that took me to it earlier.  but it's ok.  it will get sorted out soon enough.  The old site was fully and showed its age designwose... but this uses too much space, needs too many clicks and scrolls, and from what I could see briefly, no longer give you specifics on older sales it lists. (serial#, etc/  thats a bummer as it was helpful in tracking sales.  This was happening with GA books with few sales.  but the one sale listed from years ago no longer had any backup data.

4 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

I was using the link on the email announcing the new site.   that took me to it earlier.  but it's ok.  it will get sorted out soon enough.  The old site was fully and showed its age designwose... but this uses too much space, needs too many clicks and scrolls, and from what I could see briefly, no longer give you specifics on older sales it lists. (serial#, etc/  thats a bummer as it was helpful in tracking sales.  This was happening with GA books with few sales.  but the one sale listed from years ago no longer had any backup data.

I do see at least some historical data. I haven't checked everywhere of course but there is at least some. All  Select #1. You do have to click a lot to get there.

image.thumb.png.7a67c80f4412b55f46d563be6bba6b2f.png

Edited by Badger

fully was typed fugly...fu g ly    Overall we will adapt after hopefully GPA massages the white space.  Obviously its a design nightmare to display every book in a title in a concise listing.. AND to also display 20 different grades for each book too.  The old method was a loy of arrow clicking, opening and closing issues data, but while a bit clunky feeling, you had the sense that you were working with a single list of all issues of a title in as tight a space as it could.   

like these boards though, Im sure we will all learn to navigate once we learn where they moved our cheese.  And put back the full data for each sale listed!