• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Issues
8 8

413 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I do see at least some historical data. I haven't checked everywhere of course but there is at least some. All  Select #1. You do have to click a lot to get there.

image.thumb.png.7a67c80f4412b55f46d563be6bba6b2f.png

When I looked at a book with one sale mentioned off to the right, and clicked to open it up, the Total books sold said Infinity/infinity instead of $7900 / $1981.   I was looking at Batman #1 where I saw what Im talking about.  but I hope you're right that its still there...

Edited by Aman619

Going to have to say that I'm not the biggest fan of the new format - it'll take some getting used to. In terms of gleaning all the information you want it is slower and more complicated. I find that  having live auctions mixed in with completed ones in the listing to be confusing and not as user friendly, although there may be a way to calibrate matters that I haven't figured out yet.

1 minute ago, Aman619 said:

the Total books sold says Infnity/infinity instead of $7900 / $191.   I was looking at Batman #1 where I saw what Im talking about.  but I hope you're right that its still there...

I hope I'm right too. :) Well, I'm sure there are bugs and lets hope they get them fixed quickly.

163369401_ScreenShot2019-12-04at11_04_01AM.thumb.png.def31885c50a9d20218735feecca7f88.pngNew GPA is complete garbage.  Old version is much easier on the eyes and clicking.  How sterile and terrible is this new version.

George you scrubbed this up big time. 

At least put a BLUE bar next to the universal sales.  That LIVE bar is super annoying.  GPA basically highlights everything expect where the real $ is under universal blue.

And I thought LAST JEDI was a disgrace. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

It looks like they did a full ground-up rewrite of the software, including migration to a new database. No small feat.

They were probably at a technological dead end, and were stuck with no way to add new features or grow their platform and business. This just happens in tech, and eventually, if you want your company to survive and progress, you need to bite the bullet and update.

The UI definitely a bit rough, but this can improve over time. I would encourage customers with UI complaints to bring them to their attention.

6 minutes ago, adampasz said:

It looks like they did a full ground-up rewrite of the software, including migration to a new database. No small feat.

They were probably at a technological dead end, and were stuck with no way to add new features or grow their platform and business. This just happens in tech, and eventually, if you want your company to survive and progress, you need to bite the bullet and update.

The UI definitely a bit rough, but this can improve over time. I would encourage customers with UI complaints to bring them to their attention.

Rewriting the back end is no excuse for changing the UI, particularly without any UAT.

*Not a fan of extra click and then having to back page(esp if wanting to start a new search)
*Can only see one year at a time, can that be changed?
*#removethegraph or #burythegraphatthebottom

Edited by GACollectibles
additional info

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I have seen hospital wards more cheery this this new GPA website.

If you'd take the antibiotics your doctor gave you, you wouldn't be in there so much.

14 minutes ago, adampasz said:

Maybe you could come over and set the new site up for me.  If I click on the link sent out by gpa, I get a 404 error.  If I cut and past the link in that is provided in this thread, I get a message that the website doesn't exist.

Just now, NewWorldOrder said:
2 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

If you'd take the antibiotics your doctor gave you, you wouldn't be in there so much.

Those dont work like they use to......…

Are the new STDs robust?

20 minutes ago, frank_newman said:

Rewriting the back end is no excuse for changing the UI, particularly without any UAT.

It can be difficult to separate in many cases. 

The old site was based server side code generation.

New site uses data-driven front-end framework with responsive (i.e. mobile-friendly) page layouts. 

(shrug)

Edited by adampasz